Z-Wave to MQTT bridge?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
JoeStrout

Z-Wave to MQTT bridge?

Post by JoeStrout »

I've just ordered a UZB and intend it to replace my Aeotec Z-Stick, solely so that I can use the Z-Way software and API, which looks way better than the half-baked open-source abandonware the Aeotec requires. :)

So I'm excited about that. But lately I can't stop thinking about the idea of using MQTT as the glue that ties all my devices together — not just the Z-wave ones, but also cheap IoT sensors, various phones, cloud services like Adafruit.IO, etc.

To do that, all I'd need to find (or make) is a bridge that converts Z-Wave events to MQTT feeds, and MQTT fedds into Z-Wave events. As MQTT is quite simple, and Z-Way appears to be reliable and well-designed, this shouldn't be too hard...

Has anyone already done this, and have experience to share?
JoeStrout

Re: Z-Wave to MQTT bridge?

Post by JoeStrout »

I just discovered the Z-Way "App Store", which contains this gem: https://github.com/Edubits/Zway-MQTT

Looks like exactly what I need!
xiboy

Post by xiboy »

Hi,

I'm thinking doing the same to avoid using embedded Openhab Zwave binding (I'm experiencing some annoying issue with it).
Is it possible to give us a feedback regarding Z-Way and MQTT gateway?

Thanks!
jeey

Post by jeey »

xiboy wrote:
22 Jan 2018 00:05
Hi,

I'm thinking doing the same to avoid using embedded Openhab Zwave binding (I'm experiencing some annoying issue with it).
Is it possible to give us a feedback regarding Z-Way and MQTT gateway?

Thanks!
the mqtt plugin is community based plugin and not supported by the z-wave.me team, most mqtt solutions for z-way has missing elements, edubits is no difference.