Problems with Fibaro Wall Plug Gen5

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
dralli72

Problems with Fibaro Wall Plug Gen5

Post by dralli72 »

Hello,

I'm still at the beginning of my Z-Wave experience und currently struggle with Fibaro Wall Plug FIBEFGWPF-102-5 (Gen5, Z-Wave+).

Problem 1: Yesterday, one of these lost connection and was not able to communicate with my Razberry. Even when the Razberry and the wall plug were in the same room, the build in "range tester" in the wall plug could not contact the Razberry. In Z-Wave Smart Home, all elements from the wall plug were displayed as an exclamation mark, and in expert UI it was displayed as "failed". I also noticed that when I plug the wall plug in an outlet, the LED went red for a shot period of time. According to the manual, it should glow green if the wall plug is included in a Z-Wave network.

Did anyone had the same problem and may be solved it?

Problem 2: Since the LED of the wall plug glowed red after plugging it into an outlet, I thought I have to re-include it into the Z-Wave network. I used in Z-Wave Smart Home the Expert UI, under "Network" -> "Network Maintenance", the "Replace a failed node" function. The wall plug is included in the Z-Wave network again and works as expected (it can be switched on/off and also sends information about energy consumption). *But* all Icons in Z-Wave Smart Home are still displayed as an exclamation mark.

Whatever I tried (logging off and on, clear browser cache etc. etc.) had no effect, all elements for this wall plug are still displayed as exclamation marks. The other wall plug (same manufacturer/model) shows up normally with the right icons. When I open the configuration for one element, under "Custom icons" the correct icons are displayed, but they are not used in the Dashboard or anywhere else in the UI.

How can I fix this?

Any hints for both problems appreciated. Thanks in advance
- Thorsten
dralli72

Re: Problems with Fibaro Wall Plug Gen5

Post by dralli72 »

Hmm, maybe I just had luck, but I just found in the expert UI under "Device" -> "Status" in the device list a button with a circle on it behind every mains powered device. Above this column is a "Check all" button also with a circle, so I think the button in the device row checks only this device. After clicking the button, it looks like the icons are back (Problem 2 solved).

Can anyone confirm that?