cannot pair fibaro FGWPF-101

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
sam9s

cannot pair fibaro FGWPF-101

Post by sam9s »

I have just purchased a ZME UZB1 (ZMEEUZB), and plugged it in rpi 3 running HA. Followed the tut and got the things installed. I can open the web user interface by going to http://192.168.x.y:8083/smarthome. I did not receive any errors on the CMD or on web interface, so I am assuming all went good. Now for the love of God I cannot add any of my fibaro plugs or switches. This is what I am trying to add "FGWPF-101 Wall Plug with Metering Function". This is what I am doing ...

1. I go to URL .. "http://192.168.x.y:8083/smarthome/#/zwave/products
2. Choose fibaro and then scroll down to FIB_FGWPF-101
3. Then click on it and under add new device click on ADD
4. It says to push the Button B thrice to add and that is exactly I do on my device. IT DOES NOTHNG.

Now just to let all knwo, I also have a veralite EU with me and the same product gets easily added to by pressing the same B button thrice. But I am unable to add on ZME UZB1 on Rpi3 (which is also running HA)

Please friends out there, assist me on this.

Regards
Sammy
aidem74

Re: cannot pair fibaro FGWPF-101

Post by aidem74 »

Isn't the UZB1 the one without a licens? I don't know what the limits are if you don't have a license.

This text is from Z-wave.me:
The UZB comes with two versions: UZB1 is the plain stick without any additional software license. It can be used with any third party Z-Wave controller software. UZBWAY is the combination of the UZB stick plus a license key for the Z-Way controller software. Z-Way will always require a Z-Wave.Me hardware to run, either a UZB (with license) or a Razberry board.
sam9s

Post by sam9s »

As far as I know liscence is only needed if you are using their software as well. Here we are not (I think), if I assume the web interface isnt the conroller software we are talking about. Even if thats the case I have no idea where to purchase the liscence .....
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

The Web Interface is their Software, Z-Way.
I assume you can buy it somewhere online. Or you may use openzwave?, iobroker or openhab to control your zwave devices.
sam9s

Post by sam9s »

enbemokel wrote:
17 Jan 2018 14:32
The Web Interface is their Software, Z-Way.
I assume you can buy it somewhere online. Or you may use openzwave?, iobroker or openhab to control your zwave devices.
ok even if I use openHAB or home assistant (which I am already using), dont I have to atleast "pair" the device with the stick. HA only adds the z wave devices to the automation front end, it does not actually helps to pair it with the stick. HOw so I pair it. I tried finding where to purchase the license but still lost. Can you assist ?
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Sorry, one stupid question:
>Now just to let all knwo, I also have a veralite EU with me and the same product gets easily added to by pressing the same B button thrice.
>But I am unable to add on ZME UZB1 on Rpi3 (which is also running HA)

Did you exclude the device after your test with veralite?
I assume that you can´t pair the product in Z-Way without a licence. Thats why I mentioned openzwave, I assume that you can use the
stick without any licence in the system.
http://www.zwave-shopping.com/de/z-wave ... ylic1.html
Hope this helps a bit.
sam9s

Post by sam9s »

yes yes I do a reset of the device, before trying to add it to UZB1. ... :). I dont know openwave, Buy I use Home Assistant for my automation, so I guess I will just add it in HA and see if works. I doubt though.
aidem74

Post by aidem74 »

Does it light up anything when you set it to include? Do you have communication to the uzb stick?