Unstable - crashes & wrong status from devices

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
benis

Unstable - crashes & wrong status from devices

Post by benis »

Hi all,

I have a Pi 2 with RaZberry thing on and running latest Z-Way software. I have to very annoying issues:

1.) The Z-way system just crashes from time to time, at least the web/app interface. I cannot access it and have to SSH to the Pi and reboot it. Then it works fine for a few days again. Being like this for a few months and happens 1-2 a week.

2.) I also use it for thermostat and last year it worked fine - but this year, sometimes the switch for the radiators (for heating, two radiators connected to one 2.3Kw z-wave switch) do not turn them off - but in the interface, it says off. So if I manually click on "off" - it turns off for real. I even replaced the switch a couple of days ago because I thought it was the switch, but no. Same issue with the new switch (different brand).

What can I do?

Thanks in advance!
Popp Wod

Re: Unstable - crashes & wrong status from devices

Post by Popp Wod »

I have a Popp Server v1. So I usually have the same hardware.

Just to confirm, this happens to me as well since some weeks. I did not change or add any hardware. Some scenes if started by if=then e.g. „close shutters“ suddenly stopp after 6 shutters although it used to work with all 13 shutters before.
benis

Re: Unstable - crashes & wrong status from devices

Post by benis »

I bought a Samsung Smartthings Hub V2 instead. No more mess.