Something wrong with module upload in developer console?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Provo

Something wrong with module upload in developer console?

Post by Provo »

I'm trying to upload an update of a module in developer console, but I keep getting the error "An error has occurred! Unable to upload module!". The file I'm trying to upload is a tar.gz of the root folder of the module, just like every other module I have uploaded. Comparing this tarball side by side to previous uploads shows that they are identical in structure and file type. The same is true if I compare with a download of the current version.

In short, I cannot find any reason to believe that there is something wrong with the tarball. The new one also has a higher version number, so there should be no collision in that regard.

Could the developers please check if there's something wrong with the developer console?

(Oh, and it would be cool if the developer console could utilize the git repo information and do updates directly from the repo by tag or commit hash reference as well.)
ronie

Re: Something wrong with module upload in developer console?

Post by ronie »

Hi Provo,

we will try to investigate your issue.
Meanwhile you can also try to upload your module using the uploadModule.sh script from folder /opt/z-way-server/automation/userModules
combined with your login credentials of https://developer.z-wave.me:

Code: Select all

$ sh /opt/z-way-server/automation/userModules/uploadModule.sh [MODULENAME] [YOUR EMAIL] [YOUR PWD]
Note:
Your module needs to be placed in userModules directory too.