Unable to load a license key from the remote server.

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
rocus

Unable to load a license key from the remote server.

Post by rocus »

Since one day I get this message in my browser when I go to the management settings of my zwave smarthome screen. I read somewhere that this has something to do with the used browser. I tried this on several browsers (firefox, chrome, dolphin and opera) but they all gave this message. Firefox refused to let me login altogether (because cookies were disabled?).

I don't know what the consequences are when a license key can not be loaded but I noticed that I could not assign icons to elements and that I could not rearrange elements on the dashboard.

Apart from this problem I always get a bit nervous when there are license keys involved. I always use free software (a bit of a Unix/Linux/Android freak) and I thought this software was free. Or is this licencse key for the z-wave chip and software? When software uses keys, I allways immediately look for the way out (at least I look for free alternatives, and there are many in this case).

I hope that somebody can give me hint regarding the license key.
rocus

Re: Unable to load a license key from the remote server.

Post by rocus »

I forgot to tell that I use the razberry. (no license needed as far as I know).
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

It is part of RaZberry, but the UI still checks for it. The message you have seen was a temporary server side problem.
otverber

Post by otverber »

When will the server problem be solved solved? Having issues for two days now.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please show us browser console log. And what is the Z-Way version you use? There should be not issues currently.
Earl_H

Post by Earl_H »

I also have the same issue plus the link to the online skins looks to be incorrect or faulty

Console log:-

13:23:11.421 build.js:7574 ---------- ERROR: ---------- Object
(anonymous) @ build.js:7574
13:23:13.504 hrix.net/developer-console/?uri=api-skins Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
13:23:13.504 hrix.net/developer-console/?uri=api-skins Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
13:23:13.504 :8083/smarthome/#/customize/skinsonline:1 Failed to load http://hrix.net/developer-console/?uri=api-skins: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://192.168.0.103:8083' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 500.
13:23:13.504 build.js:7574 ---------- ERROR: ---------- Object
(anonymous) @ build.js:7574
13:24:00.501 hrix.net/shuiapi/licence/?uuid=3b40a40f16c7ca9579a32ea7ea229e48 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
13:24:00.502 build.js:7574 ---------- ERROR: ---------- Object

Z-Way version V2.3.7

Regards
aidem74

Post by aidem74 »

I had the same error message after I upgraded Z-way. I found out that it hade to do with the cache in the browser. After I clear the cache my problem was solved.
Go to the Z-way ui. Clear cache in Chrome by pressing Ctrl + F5. This will reload the page from scratch.
Earl_H

Post by Earl_H »

Thanks aidem74,

accessed the z-wave through Chrome on an android and it worked perfectly (skin download and no management screen error)!
accessed it through Chrome on a Win10 64bit PC and skin download fails even with cache clear but management screen error clears after the cache is cleared.

Looks like a Chrome issue I'll try another browser if it proves to be an issue