Clone to Razberry2

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
dn_75

Clone to Razberry2

Post by dn_75 »

Hi guys,

currently i habe have one of the first versions of a Razberry1 on my Raspberry.
Now i want to switch to a new system. Therefore i installed a brand new Rasberry Pi 3 with the Razberry2 module.

Is it possible to copy all my zwave devices from the old Razberry module to the new one without to reinclude all my devices?
It would be great if someone can help me, how can i do this.

Thanks,

Best,
Dennis
enbemokel

Re: Clone to Razberry2

Post by enbemokel »

Hi Dennis,

I did the same some time ago, but used only Raspberry 3. Just use the backup files from Z-way.
I would first use the new Razberry2 module in my old Raspberry to check it, then install z-way on the new Raspberry,
copy folders and try it out. Be carefull with the stretch image, you have to modify the installation for stretch.
Best regards
Nico
dn_75

Post by dn_75 »

Hi Nico,

as a standard i use the home automization software FHEM. Therefore currently i have not installed the ZWAY Server software.
My old Raspberry works good with the Razberr1 module and the new Raspberry 3 works good with the Razberry2 module.
I don't use the stretch image. There a lot of network problems with stretch. I use on both Raspberries the Jessi image.

If i install the ZWAY server on both Raspberries, is there any option to backup and restore the Razberry module?
Or do i have to copy any folders?

Best,
Dennis
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Ah, O.K. verstanden.
Da bin ich nicht so firm. Fhem lauscht ja dummerweise auf dem gleichen Port wie Z-Way 8083, so dass ein paralleler Betrieb
nur bei Portänderung geht.
Denke da musst Du mal im Fhem Forum nachsehen, glaube es gibt einen guten Backup Thread. Ist aber schon länger her, dass
ich da mitgelesen habe.
Ich wüsste gar nicht, was Z-Way macht, wenn es bereits installierte devices auf dem Razberry findet. Werden die einfach übernommen?
Da müsste mal jemand anders antworten.
Aaah, sorry für Deutsch, aber Fhem und Dennis hört sich irgendwie deutsch an ;-)
dn_75

Post by dn_75 »

Deutsch passt, ich habe nur auf englisch geschrieben, um mehr Antworten zu bekommen ;-)

OK in English again. It is not possible to backup and restore the Razberry module under fhem. They told me to install the Zwave server and do the backup then.
Therefore i'm searching for people they do this already under ZWAVE server.

Best,
Dennis
micky1500

Post by micky1500 »

I did this a while ago when my z-way board failed.
I Reloaded RPi3 with the current z-way server (using Jessie) And a new Board ZW0500.

I had both backups, which I took just before my ZW0500 died. (Failed board gets very hot now after upgrading z-way.)

Restored 1st Backup:- Management - Backup & Restore.
Restored 2nd Backup:- ExpertUI - Network - Control - Create Backup / Restore.
I think it's the 2nd one that is written to the ZW0500 Board.

Good Luck
Raspi 4 - (Buster - 32 Bit) Zwave Version 4.1.1, Raz 7 Pro, Serial API Version: 07.38
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Hi Dennis,

this will work, as i wrote in my first post. Stop fhem, install razberry and backup the 2 files.
Like micky1500 wrote. Then exchange the Razberry boards and write them back.
Stop the z-way and restart fhem to check the system.