Remotec ZXT-120 temperature sensor not working

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
ARK1

Remotec ZXT-120 temperature sensor not working

Post by ARK1 »

I have bought and setup a Remotec ZXT-120 in Z-way to control my aircon. I’ve setup control of the aircon to suit my needs no problem, but the temperature sensor built in to the ZXT-120 does not seem to be reading in z-way (or it just doesn’t work?). I have the same static temperature reading, regardless of actual temperature change in the house. Anyone had this experience?
ARK1

Re: Remotec ZXT-120 temperature sensor not working

Post by ARK1 »

Ahhh I’ve solved this problem myself. Despite my powering the ZXT-120 via 5V USB, z-way assumes it is a battery operated device (which is an option), therefore doesn’t poll the temp sensor unless you configure it so. So I simply had to include polling of battery sensors in the Periodical Sensor Polling app.
FredrikKarlsson

Re: Remotec ZXT-120 temperature sensor not working

Post by FredrikKarlsson »

Yes,

If you have the option of running a cable to the device then there is a procedure described in the manual where you change the behavior of the blaster to that of a FLIRS, whupich means that it will basically behave like a mains powered device. I have mine set up like that, and that means both that the or blaster sends commands directly, and the temperature sensor values will be sent frequently.