Start z-way-server on ubuntu

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
MM30

Start z-way-server on ubuntu

Post by MM30 »

Hello,

I have download z-way-server-Ubuntu-v3.0.0-rc15.tgz and decompress on my ubuntu 18.04 LTS virtual machine in the folder /opt/z-way-server (so is recommended in the ZWayManual)

In the manual is written:
Z-Way™ can then be started using the simple shell command from inside the Z-Way™ folder:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./libs ./zwayserver
I do not understand this sentence

I have in the z-way-server folder a file named "z-way-server" but if I call "sh ./z-way-server" the server is not starting.

How can I start the z-way-server correct?

Thank you and regards!
Michael
MM30

Re: Start z-way-server on ubuntu

Post by MM30 »

Hello,

does anyone have any idea how to start the z-way-server on ubuntu?

Thank you!
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Just type in the shell
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./libs ./z-way-server
hunnypuppy

Post by hunnypuppy »

It's been a harrowing experience trying to get UZB to work with the Zwave PC Controller software as it crashes as soon as it starts. I learnt that first I need to update the UZB firmware, which I can't do using Windows because Z-Wave.me no longer supports it with the latest versions. Then I had to learn how to install Linux and finally this topic on how to install latest Z-Wave.me software version 3.0.0 to update the UZB firmware so I can finally get it to work on Windows using Z-Wave's PC Controller.

A little tip for beginners like me, if you run into an error about cannot open device, permission denied after starting the z-way-server, it's because the TTY port where UZB is connected is write only and you need to give it read only persmissions. You can do this by using the command

Code: Select all

sudo chmod 666 /dev/ttyACM0
Now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to update the firmware, when I go into Network -> Controller Info, I see Serial API version 5.25 and SDK Version 6.71.01 and software version number v3.0.0

I scroll down to Firmware Update and it gives me an option to update bootloader from 5.25 to 40196 but when I click on it gives and error, Unable to update data. /ZWave.zway/ZMEBootloaderUpgrade

Any suggestions and I'm pretty much at my wits end on why it's to difficult to get a certified controller to with an official z-wave software.
hunnypuppy

Post by hunnypuppy »

I finally figured it out, use Ubuntu 16.04 and not 18.10 since z-way-server requires CURL3 (18.10 ships with CURL4). Detailed steps here if anyone's interested:

https://community.openhab.org/t/new-uzb ... e/77320/42