z-way support?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Dajazzz

z-way support?

Post by Dajazzz »

Is z-way still alive, or should i go to something else? The support is quite poor and there are a lot of bugs / complications. im currently looking into alternatives for razberry as i purchased a lot of sensors and cannot do what i want to do with them. And most of the new topics in this forum are spam.

Main reason for me is that i cannot get the functionallity of the Razberry as i would like it to be.
I just want save every 30 seconds some selectable sensors in a basic comma seperated text file which i can open in excel for example.
But none of the questions i have posted on the forum have been answered and all the apps are for online usage.

Why is it that i have the idea that Z-way is on purposely not allowing beginners to log basic sensor value to a file like this:

Time temperature living room kwh #1 LUX living room outside temperature
12.00 21.1 10 3 -1
12.10 21.2 10.1 3 -1
12.20 21.3 10.2 3 -1
etc...

as im not a programmer can somebody tell me what i need to do to achieve this?
PoltoS

Re: z-way support?

Post by PoltoS »

Z-Way is more than alive. This forum is not a support hannel, but more a community experience exchange, so don't expect us to answer every post.

A non-programmer beginner willing to save data to a file on a Pi? Looks a bit techie and geeky ;) This should not be the first task people do ;)

But still there is a module for that. Try Sensor logging. It will save a JSON file.
Dajazzz

Post by Dajazzz »

Thanks for your reply.

In my post to share some basic help to others, viewtopic.php?f=3422&t=30158
I mentioned i indeed used some module, called notification to storage. (i understood from the text that Sensor logging is only for online usage?)

did no body make a module which makes charts / graphs?

Currently i managed to get openhab running on the RPI3 with Openhabian.
Then "wget -q -O - razberry.z-wave.me/install | sudo bash"

and installed the Z-way binding in Openhab.
But now the PIR sensors do not respond. It only Polls ones in 1h, eventhough i set in the z-way that i want to poll every minute.

Should i just use a aeotec stick gen 5 instead? or what are the benefits of Z-way?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Sensor Logging is storing the data in JSON. It do not work for huge dataset. Notification2Storage is made to store in a file.