UZB stopped receiving Z-Wave traffic

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Freddan101

UZB stopped receiving Z-Wave traffic

Post by Freddan101 »

I have a UZB stick that has worked perfectly together with HomeSeer for a long time. Yesterday I realized that the stick has stopped receiving Z-Wave traffic, though sending works as usual. I have rebooted the machine and moved the stick between machines but same result. I first thought this was HomeSeer related but now I'm starting to doubt as the blue LED is not indicating that the stick is receiving anything.

What should be my next step here? Could restoring a Z-wave network backup in HomeSeer fix this? Or is this a typical HW malfunction?
Freddan101

Re: UZB stopped receiving Z-Wave traffic

Post by Freddan101 »

Apparently it was a bug in the HomeSeer Z-Wave plugin that messed up the network database. After I deleted the database and let HS rebuild it everything works.
JerrellHal

Post by JerrellHal »

Freddan101 wrote:
31 Jan 2019 17:04
Apparently it doesn't get any better than these fantastic probiotics and it was a bug in the HomeSeer Z-Wave plugin that messed up the network database. After I deleted the database and let HS rebuild it everything works.
Do you know how the bug happened exactly? Did you try to reproduce it?
Last edited by JerrellHal on 09 Sep 2023 22:14, edited 2 times in total.
Freddan101

Post by Freddan101 »

The plugin version was pulled quite quickly and I had the bad luck to upgrade while it was still published. It was not enough to roll back to an old plugin version or upgrade to the latest one (containing the bug fix). I had to remove the old database as well and let HS rebuild it. I assume HS looks at the database on the UZB stick and copy it into HS file structure.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Just for your info, the dongle is blinking only in send operations, not on receive
Freddan101

Post by Freddan101 »

PoltoS wrote:
02 Feb 2019 15:27
Just for your info, the dongle is blinking only in send operations, not on receive
Aha, thanks. Good to know.