Heating control not working after reboot

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Franz Winchester

Heating control not working after reboot

Post by Franz Winchester »

Hi,
on my RaspberryPi 3B with a Razberry Z-Wave-Module (latest firmware) I am running Raspbian Stretch (latest version) with ZWay 3.0.3. So far so good.
But as erveryone might imagine I want to automatically reboot the system periodically (keyword crontab reboot). The problem that occurs is that the heating control does not start itself. To bring it to work I have to change something in the heating control and save it. If I do nothimg the heating control is struck at the ststuas from the moment of reboot. Does anyone know a solution fot this matter?
I tried this with several completely new installed systems on two different Raspberry Pies with Raspbian Stretch. Always the same problem. I also wanted to check the issue with Raspbian Buster, but I was not able to installs Z-Way on Buster. The installation was always aborted with error messages to with I found no help (so I gave it up).
Thank you

Thomas
PoltoS

Re: Heating control not working after reboot

Post by PoltoS »

Can you make screenshots of your settings so we can reproduce?
Franz Winchester

Hi, screenshots make no sense, because nothing is different in the screens. The automatic change of temperatures does not work until I change something in the settings (Normally I change the "Automatisierte Rücksetzzeit" from 1 to 2 hours and back). After hitting "save" the heatimg control starts his work. I know of other users that are faced with the same issue.Image
Franz Winchester

Now about 10 months later still no solution for this issue. But some change in behaviour. Now after reboot all heating thermostats go into comfort mode, heating control still not working until somthing is changed and saved.
What's this good for? Why has this not been not solved?
zavinator

Post by zavinator »

I can confirm that this bug is still present, goeing comfort after reboot is maybe related to broken time driven: https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?f=3419&t=33947