Remote access not possible or wrong password

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
the wife

Remote access not possible or wrong password

Post by the wife »

I've been controlling my central heating system with a raspberry pi and zwave.me card since 2016. An overview of my system can be found at http://kershawkids.blogspot.com/p/about.html.
I stopped working on my system about 3 years ago (I got a job as a developer for a home automation company thanks in part to my blog). My system continued without issue (thanks guys at zwave.me) until the last few weeks where remote access has been intermittent.

I use the Smart Home Popp Alexa app to enable my hot water pump, but it has stopped responding completely. Having not touched the system for some time, I'm having difficulty recalling how all this links up, but I think the problem is down to access via

find.z-wave.me/zboxweb/r//

no longer working.
zwave.JPG
zwave.JPG (25.56 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
I'm getting the above error. Now, it is quite possible that I have forgotten my password, but seems unlikely.

Before trawling through my extensive notes, I'm hoping someone here has an idea of what might be happening. Really hope it does not involve upgrading anything, as other than this the system is working perfectly.
Thanks in advance.
PoltoS

Re: Remote access not possible or wrong password

Post by PoltoS »

I would assume you forgot your password or the controller is not connected anymore to our servers. You can write u a private message with your ID and we look if it is on and connected.

You can also use sudo netstat -natp | grep ssh on your pi to see the connection status
the wife

Post by the wife »

Thanks PoltoS. I think for some reason it is indeed disconnecting from your servers (intermittently). I rebooted the pi and it has reconnected. Both the remote login and the alexa app are now working.
insiorc

Post by insiorc »

This also happened for me about a week ago. When home I also could not ssh into the Rpi to perform a reboot, as I was leaving in a day or so to go away to work I did not want to do a hard power off incase it created errors when I would not have time to repair it, and it is otherwise functioning correctly. My password is definately correct. I am still away so unable to do any testing.
Rpi4 2Gb, Z-Way 3.2.2, UZB 5.39