Problem with "Non-elements" in the event timeline

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
observing

Problem with "Non-elements" in the event timeline

Post by observing »

This might be somewhat esoteric, but here is what I'm observing. In the Events tab, there are items related to items that appear in the Elements tab (e.g. z-wave multisensor). There are also items that don't have a directly corresponding element (e.g. the battery status of the multisensor).

When I click on an event item that has a corresponding element, I am taken to the configuration page of the element (i.e. hxxp://zway:8083/smarthome/#element/ZWayVDev_zway_3-0-48-1). When I click on an event item that doesn't have a corresponding element (the battery status of the multisensor), I get the error "An unexpected error occurred during loading data. Try to reload the page." It appears to be trying to take me to a non-existent element configuration page of hxxp://zway:8083/smarthome/#/element/ZWayVDev_zway_3-0-128, which is understandable, since the URL is constructed from the battery command class of the multisensor device.

What's my problem with this situation? If I were to pick an event item and choose to "Hide events of this source," I could always change my choice if the item had a corresponding element by going to the configuration page of the element and unchecking "Hide events for this device." If the item didn't have a corresponding element, would I be able to change my choice, since there doesn't appear to be a configuration page for it?
PoltoS

Re: Problem with "Non-elements" in the event timeline

Post by PoltoS »

Good point... Currently, there is no simple way except for editing the config.json file.
observing

Post by observing »

Just to be sure that I understand you, do you mean editing the config file in /opt/z-way-server/automation/storage? If so, it's not very elegant, but at least it's a viable workaround.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Yes, not elegant, indeed. Don't forget to stop Z-Way before doing it
observing

Post by observing »

Thanks. I was wondering whether or not I needed to do that.