List of compatible devices

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
dmjohnso

List of compatible devices

Post by dmjohnso »

Hi, I am new to Z-Wave and Home Assistant, just starting my home automation journey.
I recently got Z-WAVE SHIELD RAZBERRY 7 (ZME_RAZBERRY7) working on raspberry pi 4 with Home Assistant Core. I am trying to connect a smart plug, Zooz ZEN04LR, and it isn't working. I've been trying the include, both automatically and manually, both to no avail.

1. Should it work? I have tried to enter in the digits (manual pairing) and that doesn't seem to work. This is my first device I've tried to connect over Z-Wave so I have no frame-of-reference how it should go.

2. Are there only certain brands compatible with the Z-WAVE device? If so, why? Perhaps I'm totally off, I just assumed Z-Wave is like a protocol, like WiFi, and therefore within range it connects. Is that not accurate?

3. If there are certain brands for Z-WAVE SHIELD only, is there a list somewhere to see what they are?

Thanks again for your all's time.
PoltoS

Re: List of compatible devices

Post by PoltoS »

RaZberry is compatible with all Z-Wave, Z-Wave Plus and Z-Wave Plus LR devices.

1) Try to exclude - if your plug is already included in another network, it will not include until it is excluded
2) Check the RaZberry frequency to match yours (I assume US). You can check it in Expert UI / Network / Control. If it is the wrong one and the right button is not shown, enable DEBUG mode in Network / Controller Info