ZUNO_CONFIG_PARAMETER_INFO can only be run once

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
davidtheITGuy

ZUNO_CONFIG_PARAMETER_INFO can only be run once

Post by davidtheITGuy »

I am using Z-Wave JS UI interface to my SL USB controller to monitor and modify my Zwave network.

When I try to create a device parameter on my Zuno (latest generation as of this posting date), I find that Configuration data set at the controller will not work if the Zuno has a call to configure a parameter after it has initially been included to the controller. If the following code is present on the Zuno the controller cannot write back values from the controller to the device:

Code: Select all

ZUNO_SETUP_CONFIGPARAMETERS (
   ZUNO_CONFIG_PARAMETER_INFO("Humidity Offset Value", "Defines humidity threshold tuning value", -10, 10, 3)
); 
I have a configuration handler set up such as this:

ZUNO_SETUP_CFGPARAMETER_HANDLER(config_parameter_changed);
However, if I remove the ZUNO_CONFIG_PARAMETER_INFO call AFTER the device has been successfully included, the controller can pass values back to the Zuno.

Here is my handler:

void config_parameter_changed(uint8_t param, int32_t value) {
   if (param == OFFSET_PARAM) { // The first user-defined parameter
     paramValue = value;
#ifdef DEBUG
      Serial.print("New value of the parameter OFFSET CONFIG PARMETER: ");
      Serial.println(paramValue);
#endif
   } 
}
The calls to the handler are not transmitted to the Zuno if the setup macro for the configuration parameter is present, post inclusion.
A similar problem occurs with calls to

zunoSaveCFGParam(64, paramValue);
Seems to me that there is some conflict in writing configuration data from the Zuno back to the controller. The controller can read (load) values at any time, but writing back to the controller from the Zuno seems to cause a controller failure, at least in Z-Wave JS.

Has anyone else seen this strange behavior?

Thank you
PoltoS

Re: ZUNO_CONFIG_PARAMETER_INFO can only be run once

Post by PoltoS »

Maybe I've not got you correctly, but you should not (must not!) change Z-Wave related configs (channels, associations, config params, sleep mode, ...) after inclusion. You have to re-include your device. Otherwise, the controller will be able to notice know the change.
davidtheITGuy

Post by davidtheITGuy »

No… this is about being able to read/write (load and save) the values on the zuno after setup and inclusion. There are errors coming from the controller (SL dongle) as I’ve described using ZWave JS a popular controller API
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Sorry, I don't understand what error you are seeing and on which side.