Change accessory Type manually from light to door

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
markchang

Change accessory Type manually from light to door

Post by markchang »

Hello to all

Recently y have perchased Nice bidi Zwave module

Configuration is ok, but Zwave.me show it as a light. How can I change it manually to a door?

I hope that at least advanced fronted gives me the option.

Regards

Juan
seattleneil

Re: Change accessory Type manually from light to door

Post by seattleneil »

The Z-Way smarthome web UI supports custom icons where a user can change the icons associated with a device. Try selecting the gear icon that appears in the upper-right corner of the device's tile in the smarthome UI and then selecting the pencil icon you want to change. Note that you may need to scroll down to see the Custom icons configuration menu. You should see something like this:
z-way custom icons.png
z-way custom icons.png (251.36 KiB) Viewed 19773 times
For whatever reason, the Nice Bidi module reports itself as a multilevel switch (i.e., dimmable light) and not a door lock (see: https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3837). You might want to contact the manufacturer to see if they'll update the device's firmware to report the correct device type in the NIF message.
markchang

Post by markchang »

Yes, after zwave.me support, Thery changed from switch to motor, but i ser It like a blind so consequently HomeKit see it as a blind.

Thé question is, can i change to see It as garage door? Not at icon level, at type of device

Regards
seattleneil

Post by seattleneil »

Your post has me confused. To the best of my knowledge, only the developers of the Nice module can change the device type value that's being reported by the Nice module. Your post stated the device type was changed from switch to motor by z-wave.me support. Please explain how z-wave.me support changed the device type. Did you intent to write that Nice support changed the device type in their module?

As for your question:
can i change to see It as garage door? Not at icon level, at type of device
The answer is no.
markchang

Post by markchang »

No.

I’ve contacted with zwave.me support I gave them access to my hub and the have been changed something and now my nice product appears as a blind and not a dimmer switch.

As the have been performed this, it is not possible to change it in order to force type of accessory to door?

This is my question. Perhaps no but… I don’t know this is the reason I ask it.

Anyway, I have a ticket with nice in order to see if they can perform a firmware update

J