Will there be a RaZberry for each Z-Wave frequency?

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
NeuralEcho

Will there be a RaZberry for each Z-Wave frequency?

Post by NeuralEcho »

Hi,

Will RaZberry boards be available for non EU/US Z-Wave frequencies?

If not, will it be possible for the end user to remove the original 3102 transponder and replace it with a non EU/US Zen-Sys module?

Thanks,

Echo
PoltoS

Which frequency are you inrerrested in?

Post by PoltoS »

No, it is not possible for an end user to exchange the module, since it should contain a firmware, which is not shipped by Sigma Designs (Zensys) (modules comes empty!).

We will make modules for US, EU, RU and certainly for AU. Other frequencies might come later and they will certinly be a bit more expensive, since ZM3102 in small quantities costs more.

Which frequency are you inrerrested in?
NeuralEcho

I'm interested in the AU/NZ (921.42MHz) frequency RaZberry.

Post by NeuralEcho »

That's excellent news. I'm extremely happy to see that you will be supporting the AU/NZ frequency.

Thanks PoltoS.
PoltoS

US, EU and RU will become

Post by PoltoS »

US, EU and RU will become available in February. As for other frequencies, we are analysing the market.
NeuralEcho

Dissappointed!

Post by NeuralEcho »

You originally said:

"We will make modules for US, EU, RU and CERTAINLY for AU."

Now you're saying that you're only considering other markets, such as AU.

What gives?
PoltoS

We will certainly release it,

Post by PoltoS »

We will certainly release it, but not from the starting point in February, since our production capacities are limited and demand in EU and US is very big. We also need to find a distributor in Australia. May be you can ask best of them if they are interested in distribution of RaZberry in quantities.
NeuralEcho

Minimum order quantity and price?

Post by NeuralEcho »

What's the minimum quantity a distributor would need to order for the AU/NZ market, and at what wholesale price per unit? Please email me directly if you do not want to discuss this kind of information on your forum.

Also, if I am unable to find an Australian home automation company willing to become an Australian distributor, when will Z-Wave.me release the RaZberry to the AU/NZ market through your normal online distribution channels?
PoltoS

We by chips by at least 500

Post by PoltoS »

We by chips by at least 500 pieces. Still 200 pieces are discussable. Please let us know if you know someone wiling to place such an order.