Razberry & Z-Way -- Support Door Locks?

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
manuelokelly

Razberry & Z-Way -- Support Door Locks?

Post by manuelokelly »

Will the Razberry and Z-Way firmware support Z-Wave door locks?

Will it be possible to use just the Razberry and a door lock, without another controller device in the loop? I understand that some controllers do not support the security protocols used by door locks.
PoltoS

Z-Way for Raspberry Pi

Post by PoltoS »

Z-Way for Raspberry Pi (shipped as a part of RaZberry) does not support Security Command Class yet. So, no support for door locks yet. But we hope to release it by the beginning of March. Stay tuned!
manuelokelly

What?

Post by manuelokelly »

"But we hope to release it by the beginning of March"

Could you clarify please? What product are you releasing by the beginning of March?

RaZberry is still scheduled for an end of January release, correct?
PoltoS

RaZberry will hit market on

Post by PoltoS »

RaZberry will hit market on 15 Feb (EU and US).

By the end of March we plan to add support for Security Command Class to support door locks.
bririv

Still on for end of March?

Post by bririv »

Is the Security Command Class still in the pipeline for the end of March? I bought a Home Connect lock today and have been fighting with it until a google search brought me to this post. I couldn't figure out why the device interview did everything *except* the security portion. And there's even device information and image for the model of lock I have. Hope this can work soon -- it's a needed feature, I think.
PoltoS

Security is supported from

Post by PoltoS »

Security is supported from March 4. If you experience problems, please send us by mail the log starting from inclusion of the device (exclude it first). We are experiencing problems with some locks, so this might help us to fix it faster.
McD

does this work?

Post by McD »

I would like to use the RaZberry with this lock: http://www.visionsecurity.com.tw/ha_products_185.html

Does anybody have experience if this works?
@PoltoS: Do you support this device with the RaZberry?
PoltoS

Yes, this device is supported

Post by PoltoS »

Yes, this device is supported by RaZberry. There is only one unsolved problem we are working on - after inclusion you need switch to Expert mode, press Show Interview results on the Device Configuration tab and press Force interview for each Command Class which is not Done (Note! these buttons are INSIDE the dialog box of Interview results)

After clicking on 3-4 buttons the Interview completes and the lock is fully operable. We are working on workaround of the problem.

We still do not support DoorLock Logging Command Class.
Colin

DoorLock Logging Command Class

Post by Colin »

Hi PoltoS,

Do you plan to support the "DoorLock Logging Command Class (0x4C Hex)" in the future and if so approximately when?

Thanks,
Colin.
PoltoS

It is for quite some time!

Post by PoltoS »

It is for quite some time!