Newbie Razberry

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
jasontrenelly

Newbie Razberry

Post by jasontrenelly »

I have just got hold of my Razberry. I have plugged it into a RaspberryPi which is connected to my ethernet. i've downloaded the updates and gone to the web site at IP-OF-RASPBERRYPI:8083. There I find a great looking interface with tabs: map, device control, devices configuration, and network.

The map image is ok but all the names are in Greek! (Or Russian?).

If I go to the network-manage network tab I find an option to include a device.

When selected, the sub-text changes to red and says 'ready to include device. Press a button on the device to be included.'

I press the button on my everspring dimmer socket but nothing happens to the interface except the sub-text eventually changes back to black text with the message 'controller is in normal mode'.

No devices appear anywhere in the system.

Any help would be appreciated.
PoltoS

Make sure you have RaZberry

Post by PoltoS »

Make sure you have RaZberry for the correct region (EU/US/RU).

Also make sure your device (Everspring dimmer) was not included previously in some other network. If this is the case, you need to exclude it first. This is the common practice in Z-Wave.

As for Russian names of demo zones, that was a mistake (we indeed put Russian demo file instead of English one). But anyway you will delete them and create your own.
jasontrenelly

Many Thanks

Post by jasontrenelly »

I excluded the device from my Z-Stick network then included it to my new RazBerry network. No Problem!

Thanks again.

Now I have a further issue: I don't have the Automation tab in my interface. Would it only appear if have the right devices on my network?

Jason
PoltoS

This tab was present in the Z

Post by PoltoS »

This tab was present in the Z-Cloud service. On RaZberry it is totally different. Next release (currently on tests) will have a smart JS automation engine to play with, but no UI yet. The UI will come soon too.
jasontrenelly

Contact

Post by jasontrenelly »

Thanks, PoltoS

Could you tell me where to check for this update being available.
PoltoS

On the forum

Post by PoltoS »

On the forum