Dedicated SUC/SIS still recommended?

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
Tiptop

Dedicated SUC/SIS still recommended?

Post by Tiptop »

Hello,

I am having the Duwi ZW ZS SUC-SIC device here. I am not sure if it is a good idea to use this device in combination with the RaZberry unit...
Is there still an "stabilization" effect if I use this device or is it just a waste of energy or are there even drawbacks when I reassign the SUC to this device instead of using the RaZberry directly?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Stefan
PoltoS

RaZberry is shipped with most

Post by PoltoS »

RaZberry is shipped with most recent 4.54 SDK and does not support SUC/SIS functionality. So, it will try to enable SUC on first Static Controller it will include.

SUC/SIS is still used by some old devices with firmwares based on older 5.0x SDK (yes, it is older than 4.54!), but with 4.5x devices it is useless and is not favored anymore.

If you want to run SUC/SIS on the RaZberry itself, you will need to update the firmware to 5.03 SDK (we have it, but not published yet). Not sure you want it, since you automatically loose features of 4.54 such as Explorer Frames and Network Wide Inclusion.
Tiptop

Version numbers?

Post by Tiptop »

Thanks for your reply.
I am completely confused now.
SDK 5.0x is OLDER THAN SDK 4.54???
So SDK 1.0 is the last and final Z-Wave release somewhen in the future? (just kidding) ;-)

So you are talking of a DOWNgrade to 5.03 - you mentioned an UPgrade. I am completely lost now...

I though Explorer Frames and Network Wide Inclusion is a NEW feature of Z-Wave?!?

Does that mean, with the current (new?!) RaZberry firmware it is still a good idea to run the Duwi ZW ZS SUC-SIC in my network?
PoltoS

well, upgrade word was used

Post by PoltoS »

well, upgrade word was used in term of "changing the f/w". But it is indeed a downgrade.

if you have a lot of Duwi devices or other 5.0x, it might be a good idea to use Duwi SUC-SIS device.
Soundception

SIS/SUC desperately needed!

Post by Soundception »

Hello PoltoS,

We desperately need the older functions of SIS and SUC because we want to combine z-wave with other protocolls, such as somfy, eg. Is there a way you may publish the 5ox SDK version? This really would be crucial to us!
Please let me know.

Thank you & Cheers!
PoltoS

I'm pretty sure Somfy do not

Post by PoltoS »

I'm pretty sure Somfy do not need SUC/SIS to operate. The only device that strongly needs it is Danfoss Living Connect and only due to a bug in the device...
robert

Danfoss Living Connect

Post by robert »

Hi PoltoS,

I'm thinking about adding one of those radiator knobs to control my bathroom heating. Is this bug also in this device? Or does it work with Razberry?

Thanks,
Robert
PoltoS

The DLC have a bug that makes

Post by PoltoS »

The DLC have a bug that makes it drain batteries in some cases. If the connection to RaZberry never drops, everything will be ok.