Razberry Promiscuous

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
Yepher

Razberry Promiscuous

Post by Yepher »

How can I put Razberry zwave chip into promiscuous mode?
Yepher

Not entering Promiscuous mode

Post by Yepher »

I am sending the following to the Razberry board:

0x01, 0x04, 0x00, 0xd0, 0xff, 0xd4

and I am getting back the 0x06 ACK back from the board.

For some reason I am only seeing the normal data and not the promiscuous data.

Any idea why this is not working?
elegant

Post by elegant »

So, if i can relate to my experience with ZigBee/Xbee... (and i am not 100% sure this is the answer, just shooting from the hip)

With Xbee, there is a mcu on the board (board: in this case the razberry) which handles a bulk of the low level communication. Only when unsupported or specific pass-through commands are recieved by the board is it passed out the uart/serial interface as is.

So with this in mind, it may be possible that when you send the data to the board it is being processed and only the resultant of the operation is being passed out through serial, resulting in seeing the 0x06 ACK.

Normally a special transceiver is necessary to act as a sniffer/promiscuous device. Is the Razberry capable of operating in this mode?
Yepher

It is my understanding the

Post by Yepher »

It is my understanding the ZM3102 supports promiscuous mode but I am not sure if the firmware supports it.
PoltoS

You get and ACK sine the f/w

Post by PoltoS »

You get and ACK sine the f/w on the RaZberry board has got the command (it is just a confirmation of delivery via UART).

But nothing will happen, since this f/w does not support promisc mode. A special installer f/w is needed to have promisc mode enabled. By the way, there is an Expert->Controller info tab, where you can see the list of supported commands. And 0xd0 is not in the list...