New Home Automation engine and New UI

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
Pipistrello77

Re: New Home Automation engine and New UI

Post by Pipistrello77 »

Hi PoltoS, could you say me if my needs will be covered in any way?
Maybe i dont understand very well how it works LightScene.
In fact, i dont understand very well the way LightScene works :-(
vwirus

Post by vwirus »

I can see by the state of develop branch that v1.5 is still in heavy development. It's good to see but in other hand master branch wasn't updated for 6 month or so and master is not stable. So maybe there is option for razberry team that you would update master branch with some semi-stable code?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We will, but we want to update it with some good code, not a semi-pseudo-working one
vwirus

Post by vwirus »

PoltoS wrote:we want to update it with some good code, not a semi-pseudo-working one
this is very good point but... current master branch is already "semi-pseudo-working" at least in case of automation engine. Isn't it?
Anyway thank you for your work and reply.
Pipistrello77

Post by Pipistrello77 »

Hi folks,
at last i decided to make my own modifications to BindDevices, so i have different modules called OffWhenOn, OnWhenOff, etc... There are only little modifications of BindDevices but they permit to have more flexibility (for instance, switch off a light when i switch on other light).
My modifications are "rubbish" (i have not too much knowledge in software development), but if somebody want to see the modification i could send by private message.

Please, could somebody explain to me how it works LighScene with a real use case i could understand?

Regards
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

LightScene creates scene vDev that activates other scenes or trigger switches/dimmers in a particular state. Think of it as a shortcut to a state of several devices.

We think to improve BindDevice to allow invert states of each device in the list. But this will make the module too complicated (at least for dimmers), so we are not sure if this is worth.
Pipistrello77

Post by Pipistrello77 »

Thanks!
It sound strange the activation of another scene is a mandatory field. Anyway, thanks for your explanation!

About BindDevice.... i understand. My version only works for switches not for dimmers. The code would need a deep review (converting any "active value" to "on" or something similar).
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please look on the new code on github. It has Bindings working (at least cases we have tested ;) and it also have GroupDevices module to group several together and even to invertion of state.
SolarFlor

Post by SolarFlor »

Hi PoltoS
What happen to our configuration when we download a new code?
do we lost our configurations, maps, devices?
Is it enought to make a backup and a restore after the loading of the new code?

Many Thanks
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

you only need to update the new UI folder - have a look on the top of the post how to get the code from github.

your Expert UI settings and devices will be untuched