inclusion of a TKB switch

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
blore_boy

inclusion of a TKB switch

Post by blore_boy »

Hello all, I am new to Z-wave and home automation in general.
I bought two switches from TKB, model is TZ65S, it works on 868.42 MHZ (EU) and to control it I bought a raZberry card.

Now, I followed the instructions and successfully setup the card, installed the drivers. I opened the Midori browser and entered the port 8083 page. I entered Network -> Network Management, and tried to include the switch, but I am unable to do so. The red light goes up on the Razberry card, but when I press the on or off switch on the TKB TZ65S, nothing happens. It is not being recognized by Razberry and am unable to understand why it is not working.

The light remains a steady red and no matter how many times I press the on/off button on the switch, nothing happens. I followed the instructions given with the TKB switch, still nothing happens. I even tried exclude and the include the switch, but nothing happens!!! :x :x :x

Any help, please!!
funjy

Re: inclusion of a TKB switch

Post by funjy »

Hello.

Try to delete your switch before including. The button "exclude device". Maybe your switch was in another z-wave network before and didn't delete from them. I had same problem yesterday with four aeon labs multisensor. 3 sensors was included without problem, but last one was included after excluding from z-wave network.

:)
blore_boy

Post by blore_boy »

funjy wrote:Hello.

Try to delete your switch before including. The button "exclude device". Maybe your switch was in another z-wave network before and didn't delete from them. I had same problem yesterday with four aeon labs multisensor. 3 sensors was included without problem, but last one was included after excluding from z-wave network.

:)

Thank you for your reply, if you will notice my earlier post, I have mentioned that I tried to exclude the switch as well. Again, nothing happens. The red light goes on for 20 seconds exactly and then switches off. It is clearly not detecting my switch. So, neither include or exclude seem to be working.

Is the Razberry card specific to a particular frequency??? Because, when I bought it, the vendor website had listed in the specifications that it supports both US and Europe frequencies. So, I am a bit lost here as I don't know what else to do.

Anyone else!!!!! pls....
pofs

Post by pofs »

blore_boy wrote:Is the Razberry card specific to a particular frequency??? Because, when I bought it, the vendor website had listed in the specifications that it supports both US and Europe frequencies. So, I am a bit lost here as I don't know what else to do.
Yes, it is specific to a particular frequency. Difference for EU (868.42MHz) and US (908.42MHz) is too large to switch it on software level, you need a different crystal for that.
blore_boy

Post by blore_boy »

pofs wrote:
blore_boy wrote:Is the Razberry card specific to a particular frequency??? Because, when I bought it, the vendor website had listed in the specifications that it supports both US and Europe frequencies. So, I am a bit lost here as I don't know what else to do.
Yes, it is specific to a particular frequency. Difference for EU (868.42MHz) and US (908.42MHz) is too large to switch it on software level, you need a different crystal for that.
Then I have been mislead by the vendor site,

http://www.zwaveproducts.com/Zwave-Cont ... -Card.html

Under specifications, it clearly mentions "32 Kbyte external EEPROM - PCBA Antenna for 868/908 MHz"

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Oh well, thank you for the reply....
pofs

Post by pofs »

blore_boy wrote:Under specifications, it clearly mentions "32 Kbyte external EEPROM - PCBA Antenna for 868/908 MHz"
Well, antenna might be okay with both frequencies, but the crystal should be different. The model name ZME_RAZ_US suggests it is US version (for EU version it should be ZME_RAZ_EU).