Debugger for Z-Way JavaScript

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
pz1

Re: Debugger for Z-Way JavaScript

Post by pz1 »

I did use the Sudo prefix. Earlier attempts I logged in as root. Nothing works, even not on a clean Rasbian SD card.
Isaksson

Post by Isaksson »

If you like, I could make a test installation on your system.

Please provide a new installed raspbian 2015-05-05-raspbian-wheezy

leave the default user pi and default password and open up in you routers port-forwarding ssh for me to that raspberry.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Thanks for the offer. Sent you a pm
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Following the Kambis installation, I got inspector finally installed:

Code: Select all

sudo su
/opt/node/bin/npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-inspector@0.11.0
Takes ages to finish, and a shower of tons of nerve-breaking log messages :shock:

Note the --unsafe-perm setting was found on the node-inspector github issues list
victoryred

Post by victoryred »

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a Raspberry Pi 2 with a ZWave card. Everything is working fairly well except for the following problem. I can't get node-inspector to install on my machine. This has to be a recent development.

Has anyone else had the same problem? Any fix or work around?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Did you try the --unsafe-perm setting? That is what was suggested on the node-inspector github forum, and worked for me.
victoryred

Post by victoryred »

Yes, thank you and it now works.
However......
pi@raspberrypi2 ~ $ node-inspector --debug-port 8183
Node Inspector v0.12.3
Visit http://127.0.0.1:8080/?ws=127.0.0.1:8080&port=8183 to start debugging.

On the client side Chrome is reporting that the connection is refused.

Client side configuration is Windows 10, connecting to the RPi2 via BitVise terminal with the client to server
settings setup for port forwarding. I start chrome and copy http://127.0.0.1:8080/?ws=127.0.0.1:8080&port=8183 into the url.

/etc/ssh/sshd_config on the RPi2 is un-edited. Do I need to add something for multiple connections?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Sorry, can't help you here. I found my solution without debugging, so I never had to use debugger
I have to leave this to others on this forum
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Sure you run the browser on the RPi? If not, use ssh as described in the begining of the post
victoryred

Post by victoryred »

Thanks PoltoS for your support. I have found several items specifically with the Raspberry Pi 2. I can't speak to anything else because I don't own one. However......

RPi2 has a very old version of chromium. It's version 22. With the current version of Raspian based on the Whezzy distro. There is no path to upgrade to anything newer. I was unsuccessful in getting Chromium v22 to work with node-inspector.

I did however eventually get chromium v44 installed and running via apt-get AFTER edited the source lists to point to Jessie not wheezy. GCC and G++ upgrade to v4.9 doing this and that's what allowed the newer version of Chromium to load. I would like to add the steps to accomplish this but actually it was pure research on the net and pure hell to get done. The Raspberry Pi 2 distro simply needs to leave wheezy and move to jessie like the Beaglebone Black people did.

Next I was successful in getting Chrome running in Windows 10 to connect to node-inspector on the z-wave through BitVise (ssh). Since a picture is worth a thousand words I'm including my setup for all to see. I hope it helps. Make sure you croll right to see the entire screen.
Bitvise setup.PNG
Bitvise setup.PNG (72.27 KiB) Viewed 18409 times
Chrome Setup.gif
Chrome Setup.gif (225.64 KiB) Viewed 18409 times