Problem with Fibaro Motion Sensor

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
Wikibear

Re: Problem with Fibaro Motion Sensor

Post by Wikibear »

First try range check! The ball must be illuminate green. If not, you are out of the network.

You must check different templates. There are some they have bugs. You must use some with less bugs. If you want to change some values, you must use expert ui... It's totally stupid and if you are fresh in zwave System this sensor will bring you into the hell...

1. Try a range check. Check if this motion sensor is in range
2. Choose another template with less bugs
3. If this sensor is in range you must setup completely the sensor over all settings there are
Greatings from the noob
jarnold

Post by jarnold »

I did a range check and the sensor is in range. I have tried the expert UI with the result that it could not be changed with the same error and the temperature and the general alarm value are gone and only the lumination value was visible. After I did a complete exclusion and inclusion again. After, at least it should show the correct temperature but still no possibilities to change the settings.
What template do you suggest?

Any other idea?
Wikibear

Post by Wikibear »

If you are in range after set all options wake up of device is necessary! It's a battery device and battery device goes into deep sleep. Please read and search for battery device in zwave networks how they work.

Set you options and then wake up your device with pushing the button mounted in device. Same for includes excludes.

It's important to setup this device completely after first init! Thereafter you can set a shorter deep sleep but the live time of you battery will decrease faster.

You can setup so many things. How often send illumination or temperature data. Or how long is a tamper alarm? Does light of fms flash or not? Which color? And so on. If you set deep sleep to 5min then you must wait the time! The data will be sent.

It was my first contact with zwave and fibaro and there are so many things what I don't know you get crazy cause you get a feeling that it works sometimes then not. Yes sure, if you don't have a clue about all settings of a device then you get crazy too. I have some devices the manual are worse. If you find one in web sometimes they explain much more and show you often all settings really available...
Greatings from the noob
jarnold

Post by jarnold »

I know about the possibilities of settings an I want to set it up my way. But it does not allow me to save the changed data. The device should be awake as I am continiuosly pressing the button on the device.
Wikibear

Post by Wikibear »

You can monitor the data via expert menu what does happening there?
Greatings from the noob
jarnold

Post by jarnold »

If I try to change the settings in expert mode the same problem occurs. If I am opening the expert mode even just for monitoring I am losing the temperature sensor. Only the lumination sensor remains.
Wikibear

Post by Wikibear »

First setting is to make wakeup shorter. Only for configuration set it to 60. Thereafter wake up your device with a SHORT push on the button inside. The data will be send to the device. You can monitor via:

expert menu -> controller info -> view job queue

There you can see all settings you set as data waiting for catch from the device. There you can see if the data will go out or not. If the data will fetch from fibaro then you can do the other settings. Each by each. You can see that all data will be send. If you have a big queue and nothing happens you will not have any connection to your zwave node! In this case you are out of your network. If data goeing out you device will be setup. Then its time to set alle setting with one click to configure the hole device with all options and settings there are. Then you can tune some settings and tweak options for you needs.

I have bought a second Multi Sensor and this works immediately and out of the box. Check Temperature Offset is well to 0... That is the only thing what was wrong here.
Greatings from the noob
tontze

Post by tontze »

My god how hard is it to change one setting, takes dozens ot tries, which all are gone after reboot :(
jarnold

Post by jarnold »

After several attemps I am having a long queue waiting to be sent. But I am in network range! This is a multisensor and I am getting the results of the lumination sensor in the device without problems.
Let me ask you again. Do you have the firmware version 3.2 on the sensor? Do you have the razberry z-waves plus modul Firmware v2.2.3 on a Raspberry as a controller? If this setup works for you, I have to return the sensor. I need the temperatur to avoid freezing in the house.
Wikibear

Post by Wikibear »

In last days i have an issue with my multi sensor and version 2.2.5. Motion detect itself freeze from time to time seems to be 24-48h that this freeze happens. After this freeze its look like everything ok, but no setup data will be saved in device and motion will not be received. After restart of Smart Home everything is alright again. The curios thing is that time will be show up right after last motion. I think razberry will receive data saved it half but then stops. No UI update or no well request to api will give you the right status of motion. That is strange. With 2.2.3 i dont have this kind of issue.
Greatings from the noob