New Home Automation UI from a USER perspective

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
MikeO

New Home Automation UI from a USER perspective

Post by MikeO »

Hi all,

I've been following and using RaZberry for quite a while now. But I am no developer but only someone who wanted to do some home automation. Owning a raspberry I just thought to make use of it.

With the release of 1.7.0 (the version I currently use) this new promising home automation UI looked good. When I started to use it, several strange things happened to me.

1. First of all it seems that not every browser seems to work well with the UI. Making changes actually only worked with Safari (MacOS). Safari (iOS) just can be used to turn things on or of.
FireFox was not able to rename or move devices. At least the changes were not persistent.
Even Internet Explorers changes were not saved.

2. There is a warning showing whenever I open the UI which says: "Can not instanciate module SceneConstructor: TypeError: Cannot read property 'meta' of undefined"
What excactly does that mean and how can I resolve th problem :?:

3. When I renamed some devices and started creating some scenes and configured some Automation Modules like battery polling, I noticed that a lot of devices aka. widgeds disappeared from the dashboard. they are still there when I go to Widgets->All. they also show up in the correct rooms (after assigning them) but not on the dashboard. I tired to resolve this issue by unchecking and rechecking the "Show on dashboard" checkbox with no success.
Any help on how to get them back on the dashboard page :?:

4. Is there some documentation for the new UI for users / ordinary consumers? If so, could you please point me in the right direction, please :?:

Nevertheless I really appreciate what you have done so far. Keep it up!
PoltoS

Re: New Home Automation UI from a USER perspective

Post by PoltoS »

Hello! Thank you for your feedback! It is very important for us.

1. It works 100% in Chrome and should work in FireFox too. We will double check this. Can you please point us exactly what did you done and what worked not as expected.

2. This is certainly a legacy from your old installation. SceneConstrutor was removed quite long time ago. Either remove it from storage/config-......-json or just remove it completely.

3. Yup, we know about this. Fixing.

4. In progress. We will put it on RaZberry website once done.
MikeO

Re: New Home Automation UI from a USER perspective

Post by MikeO »

Wow, that was a quick response.

Well in the mean time I experimented a little bit more using Safari on MacBook, Safari on iPad, Firefox and IE on Windows Machine and the following seems to be the case:

- Browser caching of the website seems to be a very bad idea. Can I somehow turn it off so that the z-way webserver sends the "Please do not cache" instruction to the clients (if at all possible).

- working with tags one can set up a page containing only those devices (virtual devices?) which one wants to see. The dashboard page now is comletely screwed up.

- Safari on iPad cannot be used to rearrange the widgets because iOS/touch screen navigation does not interpret the move widget by tapping at the left movement part as mouse press and hold but as select or scroll. using a desktop browser, that works fine (ofcourse).

- Safari on iPad tries to render the pages with only two colums for widgets. This also leads to some trashing / overlapping and misaligned widgets. Desktop Browsers in full resolution size always use three colums.

- when entering the dashboard page, some widgets move out of the "window" or widget area. Maybe the missing widgets just are moved outside of the viewable area? When going to the page widgets->type->all everything is there and the widget area has a scroll bar. The dashboard page however does not have a scroll bar. Dont know if this is by intention or due to the fact that most of the widgets are missing...

- Making modifications to widgets / items using Preferences->Widgets sometimes do not get saved (by hitting the save button). This seems to be better to uncheck and recheck the "Show on dashboard" checkbox for changes to get saved (even though the widget does not show up on the dashboard). Might also be a browser caching issue. Not yet fully sure.

EDIT:

After having a look at the file you pointed me at and while removing the entry for SceneController i saw some content like this:
"widgets":[{"id":"ZWayVDev_11:1:37","position":{"x":-320,"y":170},"show":false},{"id":"ZWayVDev_2:0:37","position":{"x":-624.91,"y":-60},"show":true},

Is the position statement the position of the widget at the dashboard page? If so maby those negative numbers might be the case that so many are not visible?

Hope that helps to further clarify.

Cheers,

MikeO