Create a multi-hop network

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
rzambrano

Create a multi-hop network

Post by rzambrano »

I am not able to create a network with more than one hop between devices with RaZberry. In theory, I could make a network up to four hops, but I am not getting in practice, so the radius between controller and devices is very poor (between 30 and 50 meters with one hop).

Can I make a multi hop network by using the demo user interfaze of Razberry?

Thanks!
PoltoS

Re: Create a multi-hop network

Post by PoltoS »

Yes, it should work. Make sure to update routes after you install all the devices. This is done in Network->Routing tab
rzambrano

Post by rzambrano »

PoltoS wrote:Yes, it should work. Make sure to update routes after you install all the devices. This is done in Network->Routing tab
Thanks. I updated routes properly, I have two powered devices and some others battery devices. Mi idea is to reach a battery device by routing with the 2 powered devices (2 hops). But I can't reach the battery devices (some support explorer frames and some don't. That can affect?)
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Battery device sleeps. You can not reach them unless they wakes up. If they don't have EF, you need to move them to the controller, update routes, wake them up (to update routes), then move a bit away, do same, and so on until they reach final position. With EF it will work without this procedure.
rzambrano

Post by rzambrano »

PoltoS wrote:Battery device sleeps. You can not reach them unless they wakes up. If they don't have EF, you need to move them to the controller, update routes, wake them up (to update routes), then move a bit away, do same, and so on until they reach final position. With EF it will work without this procedure.
Ok, thank you. One more question, how can I wake them up to update routes?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

rzambrano wrote:One more question, how can I wake them up to update routes?
Normally the routes are further updated once the devices wake up. That is at least the situation for my StellaZ radiator thermostats. So you have to be patient. In some rare occasions I had to push the wake-up button on the battery device for the routes to complete. You have to play a bit with it.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum