Purpose of new folder userModules

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
pz1

Purpose of new folder userModules

Post by pz1 »

I guess the purpose of new folder userModules (in delevelop branch) is to store userdefined automation modules which will survive a firmware update. The question is, may I use that folder to store other files that I want to keep across versions? For example some bash script files or other js files like my_openremote.js that I still use for some functions that are not yet in the OpenRemote helper.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

Re: Purpose of new folder userModules

Post by PoltoS »

Basically it is saved across installation and we do not care what is inside. But we scan it in AutomationController.js to initiate modules, so you will get errors on each failure of initiate an inproper module. May be we need to add userFiles for this?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

PoltoS wrote:Basically it is saved across installation and we do not care what is inside. But we scan it in AutomationController.js to initiate modules, so you will get errors on each failure of initiate an inproper module. May be we need to add userFiles for this?
The potential of errors was indeed what I feared. Hence the question
userFiles would be a clean suggestion. Would it be possible to have the .syscommands file there as well?
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We are better to also move it in the installer/updater in that place, since it is not part of automation, but JS extension.