no negative watts value using AEON HEM 2E

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
odegro

no negative watts value using AEON HEM 2E

Post by odegro »

I am using the prepared sd image version 1.7.1 for the razberry and have an AEON 1-phase HEM 2E. This HEM has the option to show negative watts based on the way the clamp is placed on the wire. I want touse this feature to monitor the usage of my house and because I have solarpanels I shoudl be getting negative values. However when setting this option ( parameter 2, value 1 ), both in simple an expert mode, no matter how I place the clamp all values remain postive. What am I doing wrong ?
PoltoS

Re: no negative watts value using AEON HEM 2E

Post by PoltoS »

Why do you thin you will get negative watts? Do you assume that solar panel will fill nearby nuclear plants with your solar energy and this will be shown as negative watts ? ;)

Negative watts comes from inductive load. See this picture: http://openenergymonitor.org/emon/sites ... active.jpg
odegro

Re: no negative watts value using AEON HEM 2E

Post by odegro »

:) , nope you are right there are no negative watts. However, with the said parameter 2 i can control whether the HEM uses the polarity of the clamp to calculate the watts. When I put the clamp the other way on the wire ( i can check this because they even put an arrow on the clamp ) the polarity of the wave for the current turns 180 degrees. Together with voltage wave this results in a negative watts value. These negative values were reported in the blue interface when i used version 1.4.1, but in version 1.7.1 they were all positive.