Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
marczu83

Re: Problems with Fibaro Motion Sensor

Post by marczu83 »

I have the same issue
pofs

Post by pofs »

Lumberjack wrote:Sorry to report almost all of them don't work. I loaded the XML you pointed to twice in via 'Actions with configurations' --> 'Import configuration from file' but I am unable to work with the settings UI. E.g. parameter 14, basic ON: Slider does not work, and if I type a value in the edit box, it will reset to value 129 as soon as I leave the edit box. The same holds for many other fields.
Oh, no, that's not it.
You should replace the existing file in /opt/z-way-server/ZDDX/ folder with this one.
Lumberjack

Post by Lumberjack »

Now that works! Thanks.
Lumberjack

Post by Lumberjack »

I just paired another (new) Fibaro Motion Sensor to test the new XML file.

I can fully use the new XML file to configure all but the association. This association is required to send the BASIC ON/OFF to the razberry. The only way possible to do this is via the 'Expert' menu. Select 'Association', 'Group' 1 and 'Node' Razberry device and press the 'Set' button.

Unfortunately the temperature and luminescence values are not reported/updated at the 'Report' intervals I set to 60 seconds (for testing). Only when I press the 'Update' button they are refreshed. This requires a much higher wake up interval which will in the end cost me more batteries. Any clue anyone how make the reporting work?
Lumberjack

Post by Lumberjack »

Before some questions are asked and solved twice, please see also:

viewtopic.php?f=3422&t=20393&start=20

I will try to work with association group 3.
Lumberjack

Post by Lumberjack »

Association group 3 works like a charm.

We should make this a sticky with title 'Fibaro Motion Sensor - How to make it work'. Otherwise this post will sink down in history and will not be found.

It should read:
1. Get new XML file. Put it in /opt/z-way-server/ZDDX/
2. Restart z-way-server via 'sudo /etc/init.d/z-way-server restart'
3. Pair Motion sensor.
4. Set association with group 1 and 3 (and optionally 2) via 'For Experts' -> 'Expert Commands' menu. Select 'Association', 'Group' 1 and 'Node' Razberry device and press the 'Set' button. Repeat for group 2 and 3.

Then motion sensor, temp and lum reporting should work.

Final suggestion to Razberry team: On first inclusion, automatically associate the three groups with the Razberry device.
pofs

Post by pofs »

Lumberjack wrote:Final suggestion to Razberry team: On first inclusion, automatically associate the three groups with the Razberry device.
There was an explanation somewhere. We usually do include it in all groups.
But since device is multichannel, we include only in multichannel groups (to not receive duplicate notifications).
Quax1507

Post by Quax1507 »

Hi,

I am new with z-way and in this Forum.
I have the same Problem with Fibaro multisensor.

Could You please help me find the required XML file for the sensor? It is not in the post.

Thany You very much!

Quax1507
xchatter

Post by xchatter »

Hi Quax1507 ,

In the current Razberry version, the sensor works(reports motion, and gets temp and light if you manually do a review), but as my personal experience, it does not report Temperature and Luminiscence, because the default settings of the device are set like that. You can only take them when manualy doing a review of the device. Otherwise it does not send reports for Temperature and Light.
I couldn't change the settings in the backend Epert UI in the Razberry, but managed to do this using the ZWaveApi/Run command.
So do the following in the terminal, or in the web browser of the raspberry(if in browser, without the wget):
wget http://192.168.10.xxx:8083/ZWaveAPI/Run ... (64,900,2)
then
wget http://192.168.10.xxx:8083/ZWaveAPI/Run ... (42,900,2)
So let me explain a little:
-use your ip address
-everything else is the same
This will basicly set the property of parameter 64(temperature reports interval) and 42(light sensor reports interval) to 900 seconds, and the size of these properties is 2 bytes according to the manual.
So after this, restart the server, wait for a while, and everything should be good.

I hope this helps.
pofs

Post by pofs »

xchatter wrote: So after this, restart the server, wait for a while, and everything should be good.
I'd say you SHOULD NOT restart the server after that, because commands for sleeping device are just queued until device wakes up. No need to restart server at all, just wake your device up to make settings written into it.

If you restart the server before device wakes up, all pending commands will be lost.