Version 2

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
klirichek

Re: Version 2

Post by klirichek »

pz1 wrote:I did revert to rc8, which still has all the devices.
No, for me rc8 is useless the same way. I've just noticed that downloaded arch for rc8 is just 11M against 26M to rc9,rc10.

I try to run the github 'develop' branch of HA. Since yesterday to install it you have not just to clone the HA repo,
but also step into it, then
git submodule add https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/home-automation-ui htdocs
and also step into htdocs in the main folder of the app and change symlink z-way-ha from 'automation/htdocs' into 'automation/htdocs/dist'.
This way it successfully start. But no devices...
(funny, that previously defined and saved autocreated devices is arised, by they are empty)
pofs

Post by pofs »

The develop branch of HA is pretty tricky at the moment, and might have issues. Do you have this issue with automation bundled with the release?
klirichek

Post by klirichek »

No. I just feel myself enough geek to try the branch from github.

However, bundled one also not very comfortable. First, it declined to start because of the some modules (I have them in develop branch run over 1.7 version, but they are absent in the release). Then, when I tried to keep the 2..rc and use it with the old HA - it also declined to work (seems that some internal changes are too big).
Finally I've reused 1.7, but found that all my widgets dissapeared. That is because new version modified storage json and put 'enabled=1' just in place 'userview=1' everywhere.
So, finally I still on 1.7 with 'develop' branch ~1month older than trunk develop. But I just want to guess how to force the current RC work with current develop trunk. I guess, that if somebody still commits in the branch, that means that he can debug and test his code. So, working solution must exist, doesn't it?
Vantskruv

Post by Vantskruv »

I've got it working for me, though it is quite buggy as it is not updating visually when renaming or adding automation (you have to reenter the Z-Way Home Automation UI from the root adress http://Z_WAY_IP:8083)

If you don't rely to have a stable system and accept you may need to reflash your PI in a distant future, and of course you want to have the latest branch and functions, go through these step as I did (I have no hair left):
1. Download and flash the system as told by the Razberry site http://razberry.z-wave.me/index.php?id=24
2. SSH in to your Razberry (the password is raspberry):

Code: Select all

$ ssh pi@Z_WAY_IP
2. Download the latest build to your Razberry from http://razberry.z-wave.me/z-way-server/ i.e:

$ wget http://razberry.z-wave.me/z-way-server/z-way-server-RaspberryPiXTools-v2.0.0-rc13.tgz
3. Unpack the downloaded file which creates a folder named z-way-server:

$ tar zxvf z-way-server-RaspberryPiXTools-v2.0.0-rc13.tgz
4. Now we have replace the current z-way server. First we make a backup of it and then we copy the z-way-server folder we unpacked (rembember the tiny whiny dot in the third line):

$ cd /opt
$ sudo mv z-way-server z-way-server_backup
$ sudo cp -r /home/pi/z-way-server .
5. We are no finished yet, as we have some libs we have to put copy and redirect. What we will do here is to redirect libxml2.so.2 to a newer version, and also to make sure everything works ok (I don't what I'm doing here, but it may help) we copy all the libs from the new version of the server to the libs directory of the system. Watch me getting dirty:

$ cd /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf
$ sudo mv libxml2.so.2 libxml2.so.2_backup
$ sudo ln -s /opt/z-way-server/libs/libmxml2.so.2.9.1 libxml2.so.2
$ cd /opt/z-way-server/libs
$ sudo cp libv8.so libxml2.so libzcommons.so libzenocean.so libzwayjs.so libzway.so /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/
$ sudo reboot
Now we are done and hope everything works. The last copy line should NOT replace any files in the /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf, if it so it is not good...
If some modules is not added in Z-Way Home Automation UI we should add them (you can check if they are added in preferences->automation). The Z-Wave binding module is the most important. The other ones I don't think matter so much:
* Select preferences->modules->pheriperals
* Add the Z-Wave binding module. The dongle setting for the Raspberry PI should be: /dev/ttyAMA0
* Add the Z-Wave Gate device creator
* Add the Z-Wave device dead detection

6. To revert your changes:

$ cd /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf
$ sudo rm libv8.so libxml2.so libzcommons.so libzenocean.so libzwayjs.so libzway.so libxml2.so.2
$ sudo mv libxml2.so.2_backup libxml2.so.2
$ cd /opt
$ sudo rm -r z-way-server
$ sudo mv z-way-server_backup z-way-server
$ sudo reboot
ScheduleSun - a sunset/sunrise module
viewtopic.php?f=3424&t=20801
n0ahg

Post by n0ahg »

I had my own image with 1.7.2 installed which I have updated to rc12 and now rc13 via http://Z_WAY_IP:8084
Vantskruv

Post by Vantskruv »

How did you do that?

Edit: Ahh, so you type in v2.0.0-rc13 to update to rc13 2.0? Is it the correct format?
n0ahg

Post by n0ahg »

Vantskruv wrote:How did you do that?

Edit: Ahh, so you type in v2.0.0-rc13 to update to rc13 2.0? Is it the correct format?
Yes, z-way-server-RaspberryPiXTools-v2.0.0-rc13.tgz converts to v2.0.0-rc13 (just copy and paste the section you need). You need to add the Z-Wave binding module as above.
Vantskruv

Post by Vantskruv »

I don't know if it is allowed to swear in the forum, I really want. I've put so much time in trying to get this to work, and the only thing I had todo is to type in v.2.0.0-rc13! I have no hair left on my head now, all the hair left is now between my fingers. *GRRRR*