Setup Apparently Failed

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
markolbert

Setup Apparently Failed

Post by markolbert »

I followed the instructions provided on the sheet which came with the Razberry.

The first time I did the install, a number of errors were encountered. Didn't stop the install, but I couldn't access port 8083 on the pi from within the pi's own browser. I tried both localhost:8083 and <ip address>:8083. No joy.

I then did an apt-get update/upgrade cycle (I'd just set up the pi, so many of the packages were out of date).

I then tried re-installing the Razberry software. No errors this time around, but no UI in the pi's browser, either (no connection made to port 8083).

I looked into the mongoose.conf file and did not notice any configuration information related to port 8083. Just 8084.

Surfing to <ip address>:8084 displayed a configuration screen which supposedly would allow me to change the remote access password. However, while I could type into the password textbox, there was no submit button. In fact, there were no buttons of any kind displayed on the page.

This is not a good out-of-the-box user experience.

Suggestions on how to resolve this problem?
pofs

Re: Setup Apparently Failed

Post by pofs »

Which OS are you running on RPi?
Setup script is designed for Raspbian, while other OSes may use another way of unblocking ttyAMA0.

Try running z-way-server and see if there are any startup errors:

Code: Select all

cd /opt/z-way-server
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=libs ./z-way-server
pierre2302

Post by pierre2302 »

Hello

I encountered a similar problem when I installed Razberry impossible to access the server 8083. I realized that in the file /boot/cmdline.txt "console=tty1" line had not was removed during the installation
Last edited by pierre2302 on 18 Oct 2014 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
" Raspi 2 (RaZberry) / Raspi B (Razberry) " With OpenRemote Free 2.2.0_TTS-Email-Serial and Z-Way
markolbert

Post by markolbert »

pofs wrote:Which OS are you running on RPi?
Setup script is designed for Raspbian, while other OSes may use another way of unblocking ttyAMA0.

Try running z-way-server and see if there are any startup errors:

cd /opt/z-way-server
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=libs ./z-way-server
Thanx. When I run those commands, the server fails to start. Console messages are as follows:

Z-Way version v1.7.2 from 2014-07-26 15:20:00 +0400 (build 428d48e765a32b39615c073af93e8666497724c9)
Using default configuration file config.xml
Starting Z-Way for device /dev/ttyAMA0...
Starting HTTP server on port 8083...
Error starting HTTP server
FYI, when I look in the z-wave-server log file it doesn't seem to reflect an error condition. There are just a lot of configuration messages, all of which appear to be successful.

I can't find a log for the http server, which I believe is mongoose. FWIW, it's been up and running throughout these tests.
markolbert

Post by markolbert »

pierre2302 wrote:Hello

I encountered a similar problem when I installed Razberry impossible to access the server 8083. I realized that in the file boot/cmdline.txt "console=tty1" line had not was removed during the installation
That line is still in my cmdline.txt file, too. What's the significance of it? Why does it have to be removed?
markolbert

Post by markolbert »

pierre2302 wrote:Hello

I encountered a similar problem when I installed Razberry impossible to access the server 8083. I realized that in the file boot/cmdline.txt "console=tty1" line had not was removed during the installation
Okay, I did a little more research and it looks like the console line in cmdline.txt makes a bunch of boot-time information get sent to the serial port for monitoring/diagnostic purposes. I presume that's a problem because the Razberry is listening on the serial port and gets confused? In any event, I'll give your suggestion a try and see what happens.
markolbert

Post by markolbert »

Thanx, Pierre! Removing the console argument from cmdline.txt did the trick!

I have to say the provided web UI is painfully slow and displays poorly on both Midori and Chromium. And is not very intuitive to boot. But at least now I can turn a light on and off :)