He has different hardware
Mirar

Re: New v2.0.0 released!

Post by Mirar »

pz1 wrote:
Mirar wrote:
dschonac wrote:jog onto your pi
He has different hardware
I missed that part. Whatever linux computer that is running z-way-server, then.

(Is there a list of which hardware Razberry works on?)
jet11x

Post by jet11x »

The v2.1.0 changes sound very interesting - is there a target date?

Whilst I'm adding a reverse proxy for external access it would be easier to have it built in and I strongly prefer securing even within my home network.

Improved UI sounds even better, but most of all I've struggled to understand the events being sent between devices, especially as the log file is not very readable! So hoping they'll be more on that front given the mention of notifications rework and events flow concept.
dschonac

Post by dschonac »

Mirar wrote:
dschonac wrote: If you log onto your pi and check /var/log/z-way-server.log against the "known problems" you might get more clues:
http://razberry.z-wave.me/index.php?id=29
My logfile says:
Executing script: /*** Z-Wave Binding module
Instantiating module 1 from class ZWave
--- Starting module Z-Wave-binding
Notification: critical (z-wave): Can not start Z-Wave binding: ReferenceError: ZWaveBinding is not defined

I already deleted the Z-Wave binding moduke and loaded another Z-Wave binding module inside the Homeautomation GUI. I set it up with /dev/ttyS0 (Alix-Board) and commented out the corresponding line in /etc/inittab where voyage Linux trys to launch a getty on Startup.

One thing i have noticed is that there is no /boot/cmdline.txt in voyage Linux, so the script cannot edit it.

Is there no special script to install z-way-Server on Alix Boards? I don't get the hang of where the mistake is! Been trying to figure it out for days now, really frustrating.
thaui

Post by thaui »

jet11x wrote:The v2.1.0 changes sound very interesting - is there a target date?

Whilst I'm adding a reverse proxy for external access it would be easier to have it built in and I strongly prefer securing even within my home network.

Improved UI sounds even better, but most of all I've struggled to understand the events being sent between devices, especially as the log file is not very readable! So hoping they'll be more on that front given the mention of notifications rework and events flow concept.
Where you have found a version v2.1.0? Do you mean 2.0.1?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

thaui wrote:Where you have found a version v2.1.0? Do you mean 2.0.1?
The very first post in this thread talks about v2.1.0
v2.1.0
- Notifications rework and events flow concept
- Major changes in UI concept
- Graphics
- Users authentication
As 2.0.1 hasn't been released yet, I guess it will take a few more months before 2.1.0 will be around
kickus

Post by kickus »

Where did the import device xml configuration option go?
How am I able to set advanced configuration settings that are not available directly from the device configuration page?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

kickus wrote:Where did the import device xml configuration option go?
in the version I use it is here:

Code: Select all

http://raspberry_IP:8083/expert/#/network/control
How am I able to set advanced configuration settings that are not available directly from the device configuration page?
Consult the Developers Documentation for advanced uses
kickus

Post by kickus »

I'm using v2.0.0, but cannot find it on that page, neither in developer docs. Is it going to reappear in future versions?

There's a backup and restore feature which seems to be for the whole configured setup, but that's not what I'm looking for.

What I'm looking for is a device level config to preset all settings for an Aeon HEM3 or Fibaro plug to some predefined values, and easily send the configuration to a new similar device (through a browser). I could not find that from the developer docs, probably it's possible through some API, but I did not go trough that in detail.

In the previous versions of z-way I think it was available under the device configuration page.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

kickus wrote:In the previous versions of z-way I think it was available under the device configuration page.
You might be right, I do have a vague memory of that too. At present there is a lot of work going on for the new Expert UI.

There still is this command line script: /opt/z-way-server/ZDDX/UpdateXMLs.sh
This updates your Pi with the lates from the Pepper one database.

I think you can add your own device xml's to that same directory. There have been quite some discussions here. Just search the needle.... :D