Dummy device - sensor

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
michap

Dummy device - sensor

Post by michap »

Hi,

would it be possible to add to the dummy device the sensorBinary and sensorMultilevel?

Then, I think so, we could add external sensors to Z-Way (via push update).
I think it is more effective to send the changed data to Z-Way and not use a polling of external sensors only, right?

Or is there any other method to do this (maybe haven't found it) ?

Thanks!

Michael
n0ahg

Re: Dummy device - sensor

Post by n0ahg »

I did have a version of DummyDevice which could create more device types. I could redo it is there is interest.
michap

Post by michap »

I thought about a "general" change because of any update of Z-Way software will remove personal changes (as far as I understand)

But - you could attach your dummy device, of course - will be helpful for other people too ;)

Thanks!
Michael
pz1

Post by pz1 »

michap wrote:I thought about a "general" change because of any update of Z-Way software will remove personal changes (as far as I understand)
As long as this DummyDevice is installed in folder userModules, it will NOT be deleted during software update, unless you do make a clean installation.
That being said it is always good practice to make updates of your installations in other places than the Raspberry. The ZWay upgrades do leave a complete copy of your old installation under folder /opt

Note: Also folder automation/storage does survive updates. Imho under folder htdocs we would also need a similar user folder that survives updates (issue #226)
fundy

Post by fundy »

n0ahg wrote:
01 Mar 2015 03:17
I did have a version of DummyDevice which could create more device types. I could redo it is there is interest.
Would you please share it?

Thanks