Fibaro Roller Shutter FGRM-222: Controling with HomeKit?

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
vga

Fibaro Roller Shutter FGRM-222: Controling with HomeKit?

Post by vga »

Hi everyone,

Hardware: Raspberry B+, razberry
Software: Razberry v2.1.1.

I have added Fibaro Roller Shutter FGRM-222. As the actor command class a binaryswitch was recognized.
Controlling the Roller Shutter with this UI switch works.

Now i want to control the Roller Shutter with my HomeKit App.
When telling Siri to close or open the Roller Shutter, Siri is saying that "there are no blinds"
If I telling Siri to torn on the light, my Fibaro WallPlug actor will be turned on AND the Roller Shutter is going up, till I telling Siri to turn off the light! Then the Wall Plug turns off AND the Roller Shutter stops.

What can i do, to control ONLY the Roller Shutter actor over HomeKit?

Best Regards,
Dave
pofs

Re: Fibaro Roller Shutter FGRM-222: Controling with HomeKit?

Post by pofs »

It is a shortcoming of current HomeKit module. It currently treats all MultiLevel switches as lightbulbs, so you get what you get. I'll get it fixed it in future releases. Try giving it a name for now, and control it by name.

Generally devices from Z-Wave map to HomeKit pretty bad, especially when they're split into several virtual devices. The next version of module will attempt to join some virtual devices back for HomeKit controllers.
vga

Post by vga »

Ok, thank you pofs.
lademeister

Post by lademeister »

https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-zway
should be your solution...

You may add a Tag to the Device in Z-Way so that Homekit recognizes the device differently.
You have to use "Homebridge" and "Homebridge-zway" and not the HomeKit-App with is available in zway.
you can get them here:
https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge
https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-zway

Quote:
Dimmer or other switchMultilevel as WindowCovering

If you have a shutter/drapery control that uses a percentage value for open/closed, but is not automatically recognized as such (for instance it is instead shown as a light dimmer), you can specify Homebridge.Service.Type:WindowCovering to force it to be recognized correctly. This should not be necessary in most cases.
ionas

Post by ionas »

Are there any updates?
I would also install homekit (i already did) and the homebridge-zway package if there is no other solution.
Does it work in the z-wave me program or does it run in homebridge? i like having a nice ui …
thank you!
stich86

Post by stich86 »

you have to use homebridge-zway if you want to show as "blind\rollershutter" on Home App, otherwise the HomeKit plugin of Z-Way reports as dimmer able light

please note that homebridge-zway seems "abandoned" at the moment, and you need to modify the code to avoid some issue on the "blind\rollershutter" section (just remove al line of code but you will have a cosmetic issue on the Home App when blinds are opening\closing..)