Cannot get ANY device to associate

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
Juggler

Cannot get ANY device to associate

Post by Juggler »

I've just reinstalled the latest version of Z-way (v2.1.2-rc15) and updated the firmware. Following a fresh reboot, I attempted to include a Leviton VRP03, a basic lamp dimmer module. I clicked on "Start inclusion" and saw the red LED on the RaZberry turn on... I then activated the inclusion mode of the VRP03 with the device < 6' from the Razberry.

Immediately, the green LED turned on and flickered, the red LED turned off and following a delay of several seconds I saw the message: "Device found but the configuration is not complete". I tried excluding and re-including several times, but the same message appeared.

Please could someone offer some insight? Is this an unsupported module? Could the RaZberry be faulty?
PoltoS

Re: Cannot get ANY device to associate

Post by PoltoS »

We need log
toomuo

Post by toomuo »

Not sure if this is your problem, but as a FAQ, remember that for inclusion, the device you are including needs to be in direct RF range of the controller. Once it is included, commands to/from it can be routed via other devices, but for inclusion, you need it close. For wall switches and sockets, that usually means taking the controller closer to the device.
I had this problem recently with my newest GE wall socket, I got incomplete interviews until I moved the razberry to the same room.
toomuo

Post by toomuo »

Ah, Juggler said it was <6' when included....