[Beginner] How to make smart rules?

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
peshay

[Beginner] How to make smart rules?

Post by peshay »

Hi all,

I'm pretty new with z-way server and installed it on a PI2, I also bought the z-wave module and a Fibaro Wall Plug to just have something to first test some use cases for me.
Now what I like is that I can have a lot of information in z-way server, but I struggle to make rules based on these informations.
For example I have information about Sun altitude, so based on this information I could turn on/off the Wall Plug (light). I tried a few Apps to do this, but found nothing where I could chose the Sun altitude app as trigger.
If this would work, my next question would be, how can I tell z-way that somebody is at home or not, because nobody need light, when nobody is there.
And another issue I have is with the Homekit app. I have it installed, I see Razberry as device in my Homekit App, but I just see some information from my weather widget and all these informations are recognized as "Brightness" and all are in %, but it's degress and wind speed and so on. I also don't see anything about my Wall Plug.

I hope somebody could help. I feel that you first have to know which apps to use for what and how to connect them all together in an smart way, a video tutorial could be really helpful for this.