Can't log in under 2.2.2

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
markolbert

Can't log in under 2.2.2

Post by markolbert »

I ran into some problems with the Razberry which I hoped to fix by upgrading to 2.2.2. Now I've got more problems.

I can't log in. I get to the login page, but it's dimmed and I get to watch a spinning dot indicator go on forever. Well,at least 5 minutes, but that's forever in all practical terms.

How do I get this fixed? The Razberry is totally useless as things stand.
markolbert

Re: Can't log in under 2.2.2

Post by markolbert »

BTW, this is in google chrome under Windows 10 on a Pi2.
markolbert

Post by markolbert »

Also, whatever was going on finally timed out and produced a "couldn't load user data" message.
toomuo

Post by toomuo »

Same here. 2.2.2 is unusable for many people. I reverted to 2.2.1 for now, but had the problem with getting to the webif as well. Thought I was going to have to trash the whole thing, but renaming the previous directory and rebooting a couple of times got me back. Not touching 2.2.2 again...
My Home Automation ideas have been on hold for over a year now, still waiting for this software to be stable.
bogr

Post by bogr »

Can't say I agree. The mentioned problems about logging in and webif has been discussed in the forums and it looks as there're solutions for them. I have never seen the fw as stable as now - no undescribable errors in the logfile, no messages stuck in the queue etc. IMHO these are far more important issues that have _finally_ been solved. Although there are some serious issues in the UI, e.g no ways of updating some fields in configuration of devices (but the APIs can be used though), strange behaviour on the "Active associations" page etc. In general it looks as there's always more attention (or at least quite immediate feedback) to the bugs reported for the z-way server (in the z-way-issues repo) than for the ExpertUI, which is quite logical prioritization. However, it would be nice to get some feedback or comments on the UI bugs as well, in particular what the road map is for the "serious" bugs.
ibjr

Post by ibjr »

Same here; but also can no longer login on 2.2.1 from a Windows 10-64k computer. I have two of these computers and they both show the same behavior (for IE, Firefox and Chrome): it is no longer possible to login (spinning wheel for 5 minutes). It looks like it is stuck while retrieving the ID of the RPi box, as the login box shows: "Welcome to Your Smart Home', but without the 5 digit ID of the RPi.
From a Apple Mac, running OX10, everything works OK, also from Safari on an iPad I can login. Both of these machines show "Welcome to Your Smart Home XXXXX" (with XXXXX the RPi ID).
I have completely reinstalled W10 on one of the Windows computers and after that I was able to login; however, after a couple of weeks the same issue came up: spinning wheel for 5 minutes while loading the login window (and waiting for the ID). I have cleared the browser caches (of all three browser types), but it did not resolve the issue.
I did not have this issue with 2.1, but it started with 2.2.1.
I have no problems on whatever other webpage.
ibjr

Post by ibjr »

I was able to fix the login problem by disabling IPV6 on the RPi.
After setting lowering the IPV6 preference in /etc/gai.conf to 100, and a reboot, 2.2.1 works fine again.
(I have not yet tried to upgrade to 2.2.2.)
Plainsane

Post by Plainsane »

I posted a reply on another thread. Check to see if you have missing modules. Look in the log and search exception. It's burried deep in a bunch of zwave noise. I then had to modify tha script to,print the name of the module it was attempting to load.for me, I had a few modules that needed basemodule
kandalf

Post by kandalf »

Same here.
Big problems with 2.2.2. Login after some days not possible.
Downgrade to 2.2.1. Login not possible. UI Error Messages.
Disable IPV6 and yeah, i can login.
Raspberry PI with Z-Wave.me Board
2 x Fibaro Double Relay-Switch FGS 222
2 x Fibaro Shutter FGR 222
Fibaro Multi Sensor
Z-Wave.me RemoteControl