Unable to restore z-wave configuration from a .zab files

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
aktarus

Unable to restore z-wave configuration from a .zab files

Post by aktarus »

Hi everyone ;)
This is my first post and I would like to say "Hello" and "Thanks" to all the people working on this project and, help people like me.
I used the "search" button before opening this topic, but I didn't found the solution ...

My razberry crashed after power fault so, I've removed the SD (because, after the zab files, it's my last backup)
I've installed (from scratch) a new instance with the latest version (v2.2.5) and restored from a .zab file but, didn't work.

From the web interface (not from Expert UI because I have only zab files) I got a pop-up with the message:
"Upload or restore of backup has failed"
and, in the log file I got:
"[E] [zway] Failed to open archive: Unrecognized archive format (-30)"

I've installed from scratch also the version v2.2.2 (was the version active at the moment of crash) and tried the same procedure but, the result is exactly the same.
I've tried also to restore other 2 previous backup files but, same error with all of them.

I've tried also to install the v2.2.2 and substitute the /opt/z-way-server folder with the one I have on the original SD but, I have the following message in the log:

[2016-12-20 16:30:40.457] [core] Starting ZWay Automation webserver
[2016-12-20 16:30:40.491] [E] [core] result: Error: SyntaxError: Unexpected token ,
at AutomationController.loadNotifications (automation/classes/AutomationController.js:1017:26)
at AutomationController.start (automation/classes/AutomationController.js:194:10)
at automation/main.js:102:16

Is there someone that can suggest something or that knows how I can restore my configuration and, with which version ? :D
Thanks a lot ;)
Isaksson

Re: Unable to restore z-wave configuration from a .zab files

Post by Isaksson »

Hello.
My rpi have crashed so many times now and i have managed to restore almost everything every time, but unfortunately same procedure does not always work, I have had the same error as you describe in your post but same as you I had a copy of my /opt/z-way-server folder that was up to date.

This is how made my last restore (actually last week).

1: Downloaded the preconfigured rpi image from z-wave.me and booted up on that
2: Configured the ip address
3: Shut down z-way server
4: Replace /opt/z-way-server folder with the one from the now broken sd-card
(5: Try to start z-way server, does not work :) )
6: Upgrade to latest version
7: now everything is back to normal again :)

I hope that this solves your issue. it worked for me at least.
aktarus

Post by aktarus »

Hi Isaksson,
Thanks for help.
Just one question, when you say "preconfigured rpi image" do you mean the "razberry.img.zip" ?
If yes, at the step 6, I thought that the image it's already updated at the latest version ... isn't it ?
Anyway, to update it, I think I've to use the "wget ..." command, correct ?
I'll try to do this night ;)
Isaksson

Post by Isaksson »

Hello.
Yes, that is the image that I was talking about, well, the times I have downloaded it it has never been the latest version of software on that image.

I make the update from ipaddress:8084 but I guess that is the same thing but you don't have to run the command yourself.

Let me know how things go.
aktarus

Post by aktarus »

:cry: Unfortunately, your procedure doesn't work for me. :cry:
After creation of the SD card with the image and first setup, I've stopped the z-way-server, replaced the z-way folder under /opt, then I've restarted the z-way-server (with the error you know) and updated to the latest version using, as you suggested, the 8084 web page ...

Upgrade was successfully done, from v2.1.2-rc17 to the v2.2.5 but, when he tried to restart, I found the same error:
[2016-12-22 13:42:59.972] [core] Starting ZWay Automation webserver
[2016-12-22 13:43:00.019] [E] [core] result: Error: SyntaxError: Unexpected token ,
at AutomationController.loadNotifications (automation/classes/AutomationController.js:1182:26)
at AutomationController.start (automation/classes/AutomationController.js:192:10)
at automation/main.js:108:16

I've tried also to access the 8083 web pages, without success.
Any other suggestions ?
Thanks.
aktarus

Post by aktarus »

It's a pity that there is no way to recover the razberry from the backup created with the GUI.
Anyone knows how to solve the following issue that appears during middle of restoring from a .zab file?

[E] [zway] Failed to open archive: Unrecognized archive format (-30)

Where I have to write to have support from the programmers?
Thanks.
aktarus

Post by aktarus »

Could be, a personalized image in a room, generate the error:
[E] [zway] Failed to open archive: Unrecognized archive format (-30)
during the restore process ??
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please run "sudo strace -fp <z-way-server pid> -e trace=file" to see what is actually happening
aktarus

Post by aktarus »

Hi PoltoS,
At the moment I've reconfigured all and, as a backup, I made an image of the entire sd card.
Sorry but, in this moment, I don't trust anymore of the backup made through the web interface.
Anyway, I still have the original sd card, the zab file and another card where I can install the same version of the server and try the restore procedure with the command you suggest.
I'll be back to you with the result as soon as possible, I'll try to do it for this week.
Thanks a lot.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

If it is now in your non-production system, may be you can even provide us remote support to debug a bit. Also is it the latest 2.2.5?