z-way apple homekit gate

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
yan

z-way apple homekit gate

Post by yan »

Hi, I am trying to install apple homekit gate from z-way online app store, it have been installed, but when I click "save" from browser, a pop up window shows "something went wrong". is there anyone have this problem? how to solve that?

Thanks
yan

Re: z-way apple homekit gate

Post by yan »

ps: in events get: Cannot instantiate module: HomeKitGate: Error: Failed to announce DNS record
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

This looks like a problem with mDNS. Are you sure your network settings are correct? BTW, I have seen in our app store that the contributed module for HomeKit is on verification. So there would be an update by the author (Andreas Freud) soon. Stay tunned.
yan

Post by yan »

PoltoS wrote:This looks like a problem with mDNS. Are you sure your network settings are correct? BTW, I have seen in our app store that the contributed module for HomeKit is on verification. So there would be an update by the author (Andreas Freud) soon. Stay tunned.
Hi, Thanks, I have solved it by
sudo apt-get install avahi-daemon avahi-discover libnss-mdns libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev

as I am using a Orange Pi zero with armbian.

anyway, seems now homekit gate only support binary switch. hope it can support locks and other seniors as well.

Cheers
Yan
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We have checked it, works with switches, dimmers, RGB, sensors. Locks and thermostats are still not implemented, but looks the author is activelly updating the app, so may be we will see this soon
aivs

Post by aivs »

Try to update to v2.3.0-rc10 and install latest homekit app 2.0.3
MatsA

Post by MatsA »

Another way is to install Homebridge on Your Raspberry which will enable You to use any HomeKit app, and Siri, with Your Z-wave devices. Please find a installation guide at http://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/2016/1 ... -wave.html
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

A good thing about Z-Way native module (from Z-Way store) is that it works not only on Pi, without nodeJS and is way faster to work.
Squar0L

Post by Squar0L »

I can no longer find Andreas Freud's Apple HomeKit Gate in the Z-Way store. Is it temporary or final?

Btw, my old install of the HomeKit Gate works up to iOS 10.2.1, when Elgato's Eve is the client.