Performance on RPI2 vs RPI3

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
Aegis

Performance on RPI2 vs RPI3

Post by Aegis »

So I currently have Razberry on a Raspberry PI 2 and its working fine, however the Web UI and API performance does have some issues in terms of performance. Most notably when loading room images.

Does anyone have any experience with going from Raspberry PI 2 to Raspberry PI with the Razberry controller? Is there any noticable performance gains?

Also, if I move the Razberry controller chip to a new Raspberry Pi and re-install necessary packages, etc, do I have to go through the process of inclusion with every single Z-way device or is that stored on the controller and carried over?

Cheers!
Karsten

Re: Performance on RPI2 vs RPI3

Post by Karsten »

Aegis wrote:So I currently have Razberry on a Raspberry PI 2 and its working fine, however the Web UI and API performance does have some issues in terms of performance. Most notably when loading room images.
Are your images to big? (Just a guess)
Aegis wrote: Does anyone have any experience with going from Raspberry PI 2 to Raspberry PI with the Razberry controller? Is there any noticable performance gains?
Yes (assume you mean from RPi2 to RPi3). But even more then the migration from RPi2 to RPi3 the migration from Razberry to Razberry 2 (Gen5) brought me significant better perfomance (regarding range, stability, compatibility with new Gen5 devices...).
Aegis wrote: Also, if I move the Razberry controller chip to a new Raspberry Pi and re-install necessary packages, etc, do I have to go through the process of inclusion with every single Z-way device or is that stored on the controller and carried over?
This works, if you backup your config via smarthome backup procedure (.zab file) and restore after migration. Zwave devices topology is stored in Razberry chip itself.
If you do 2 backups (1st .zbk file via expert UI, 2nd .zab file via Smarthome UI) you can even migrate from one RPi/Razberry combo to another. Did that already when migrated from RPi2/Razberry to RPi3/Razberry2. There are also further descriptions here at the forum. Just search...
Aegis

Re: Performance on RPI2 vs RPI3

Post by Aegis »

Awesome! Thanks for your input!