Zway Exclusion works - Inclusion not

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
Sidekickat

Zway Exclusion works - Inclusion not

Post by Sidekickat »

Hi there! I am new to the Raspberry/Razberry/Z-Wave world and it's driving me nuts :?

I use a Raspberry PI 3 B with Razberry2 ZMEERAZ2 and installed Z-Way on Raspian. In Z-Way I want to add a Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 FGR-222 (EU). I start the exclusion and push the B-Button on the Fibaro 3 times very fast and Z-Way shows me a success message. After that I start the inclusion and hit the B-Button 3 times very fast again but the inclusion runs in a timeout ('inclusion takes a long time to start up').

I did a factory reset on the Fibaro and tried a second Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 but it ended up with the same behaviour.
Then I installed Z-Way again (this time I used the SD-card image) and again: The exclusion works but the inclusion not.

Is it likely that I have a bad Razberry-Module and a replacement unit should work?
Thanks for any suggestion before I have to send the device back!
PoltoS

Re: Zway Exclusion works - Inclusion not

Post by PoltoS »

Inclusion log is required.

If inclusion doesn't work, but exclusion do, means you don't initiate inclusion on the device (wakeup sequence is used) or RaZberry is not primary
theforce

Post by theforce »

I have the same problem. Have tried almost everything to make inclusions work. I have an old Razberry in an old Raspberry Pi model B. The plan is to get rid of those and create a new network from scratch with a Raspberry Pi 3 and the Razberry2. I switched out the Razberry2 to the old Razberry on the Raspberry pi 3 and then inclusion worked fine (as expected) so I hope it's not a hardware related issue... I noticed the Razberry2 has a small pink patch of paint near the GPIO-connectors. Hope that is not a sign of a malfunctioning controller board that someone accidentally cleared as functioning.

If I have reset and/or excluded a device from the old controller, shouldn't it be possible to include it to a new controller, i.e. to the Razberry2? I have shut off the old Razberry but not my devices which I plan to exclude and include one at a time to the Razberry2. I tried joining the current network and make the new controller primary but it doesn't seem to work. Also, I don't like to use the old network with a lot of gaps in the device/node ids.. it annoys me very much, I want all the device ids in order starting with #2 (the zway is #1) with no gaps.
rakesh20

Post by rakesh20 »

thanks .. its working for me