Using Razberry by just reading from /dev/ACM0

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
AnyOne

Using Razberry by just reading from /dev/ACM0

Post by AnyOne »

I have Rp3 and the GPIO versio of Razberry. I'd like to try Razberry by just reading from /dev/ttyACM0 or /dev/ttyS0 or whatever using for example minicom. Just to see that I receive something. I have a flood sensor (Z-wave) and I'd like to see what it transmits.

What I do not want is to install all sorts of software, server programs etc. for the time being. Nor do I want to connect to net and download a whole lot of stuff that I do not need.

I wan't to start minicom and read/receive directly from, say /dev/ttyS0 (which is the right port btw?) and see what comes from the flood sensor.

Can I do like above? Many tutorial start by doing a lot of download for user interfaces etc. I don't plan to use any of those.
PoltoS

Re: Using Razberry by just reading from /dev/ACM0

Post by PoltoS »

You can, but minicom is for text, while the serial protocol is binary and it will be hard to use it. I would suggest to install Z-Way and enjoy.
AnyOne

Post by AnyOne »

Can you explain more. I get nothing from Minicom.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Minicom is a bad tool for Serial API. It is a binary protocol.

You get nothing in minicom because you need to set up 115200 8n1 and disable hard/soft flow control, but you will not see any reasonable stuff anyway...