Create a sprinkler program

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
billyboy

Create a sprinkler program

Post by billyboy »

I have 3 sprinkler groups, which I want to scheduling after eachother for a different time for each zone.
It must be possible to start irrigation by a press of a button and by using a time scheduling.
I have looked very long to find a plugin for making this happen, but not succeeded.
How can help me or point me in the good direction?

Thanks!
jet11x

Re: Create a sprinkler program

Post by jet11x »

I spent a long time looking at options for adding a sprinkler system to my z-wave setup.
In the end I went with a different Raspberry PI solution - https://opensprinkler.com/product/opensprinkler-pi/
Excellent hardware and good software.
marco

Post by marco »

Hi guys,
actually, while I agree with jet11x on the opensprinkler as a good solution, I can do something similar directly from zway using remaining GPIO pins of my rasp. Creating a Button device and using relevant string python commands to put a pin ON/OFF I can directly control several relays which can activate whatever I like...even electro valves for my garden ;-)
Marco
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

Thank you for responding.

From my z-way webinterface and through Apple Homekit I already can control the sprinkler valves. I am looking for a way to schedulling a sprinkler program. There are a lot of plugings, there must be one that I can use to achief this.
But which one? and how?
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

Still nobody has a answer?
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Use the App escalation stages for automatically turning on/off each valve for your desired time.
Then shedule the, before created, escalation stages element with the app called shedule.
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

Thanks Eagle!! That is exactly what I needed!