RaZberry 2 and Raspberry PI Model B Gen 3

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
nicolae

RaZberry 2 and Raspberry PI Model B Gen 3

Post by nicolae »

Hello.

NOTE: I am not using your software but instead i am using Home Assistant with python-openzwave all updated to the latest stable versions.

I recently moved my RazBerry 2 Module from a Raspberry PI Model B Gen 2 to on a Raspberry PI Model B Gen 3 (a02082) and i am having the following issues with connectivity.

python-openzwave output:

Code: Select all

Error, Node003, ERROR: Dropping command, expected response not received after 1 attempt(s)
I also upgraded the firmware of the module yesterday to the latest version, so it's kind of hard for me to debug since i never ran this firmware on the Gen 2 board.

I have two nodes, a Aeotec ZW096 Switch (Node002) and a Wenzhou TKB TZ68 Switch (Node003) and they both give the error once in four commands.

I got them all in the same room with the controller to rule out signal issues.

This did not happen before on the Gen 2 RPi. My first guess was the Bluetooth on Gen 3, so i navigated through and https://razberry.z-wave.me/install and applied all the changes that i did not have before and on the overlays side i decided to turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi altogether, and added:

dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-wifi
The install file only mentions

dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt
My questions are:
  • Is there any difference between

dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt
    and

dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt
    as far as the RazBerry 2 module is concerned? I tested with both and the issue reproduces.
  • Should i investigate the hardware part any further or try to debug the software?
  • Does /dev/ttyAMA0 need a specific baud rate configured? It's at 115200 now.
Thank you.