Linking the Razberry with Alexa

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
Guffer

Linking the Razberry with Alexa

Post by Guffer »

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to pair Alexa to my razberry and I am having trouble. I think I might be missing something but hopefully the experts on here could shine a light?

I have enabled the z-way smart home skill and entered my credentials correctly and authenticated. When I go to discover devices nothing is found. It goes through the 20 second wait but nothing happens at the end of it. I have several devices paired to my Razberry but is there something else I need to do to them to be able to be discovered by the Alexa skill?

I have updated the firmware to the latest, disabled and re-enabled the skill several times all to no avail.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
enbemokel

Re: Linking the Razberry with Alexa

Post by enbemokel »

Did you install the Alexa app? I´m missing this in your description.
Guffer

Post by Guffer »

Alexa app? on the Razberry? I cannot see it in the app list/store. Where do I get it?
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Check the Online Apps and deactivate all filters. Then you should find the App. And a lot more of them.
Ext. Devices/Services (19)
Guffer

Post by Guffer »

Thanks guys, that sorted it. Wierd though that when I posted this issue neither the Alexa App in the Z-Wave portal nor the Smart Home Popp app in Amazon were visible. Last night they were. After a few niggles I got it working and it works very well.

Thanks again!
rechinul13

Post by rechinul13 »

Hello All,

I have been trying to add devices to my alex, but it always comes up as Discovery Failed. I have the skill enabled and i have remote access activated on my PI. any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Did you install the Alexa app? I´m missing this in your description.