How to setup Alexa

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
islipfd19

How to setup Alexa

Post by islipfd19 »

I'm trying to setup Alexa for the razberry. I've installed the Alexa plugin on leave and installed Alexa on my phone. I've set the password for the I'd (under port 8084) and can login using find.z-wave.me. but when I attempt to add the zway to the smart home skills on the app it doesn't accept the I'd and password I set under port 8084. What am I doing wrong?
islipfd19

Re: How to setup Alexa

Post by islipfd19 »

so... no responses huh?
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Maybe as it seems just a rtfm thing.

I just installed the Alexa App in Z-way on razberry and activate it.
Then I installed the Skill in Alexa app on my handy, put in the credentials, Alexa searched for devices....thats it.

12345/admin
password

Thats all, nothing more. But, maybe you are running into the very slow server problem, alexa often isnt answering.....
jarek

Post by jarek »

right now z-wave has a availability problem with remote access - give them time to fix it. when remote access will work login with in format 12345/admin.
islipfd19

Post by islipfd19 »

Quick question... I see that you both typed '12345/admin' then the password in the password field. Is that the way you link Alexa? The five digit ID then '/' and an admin account on the raspberry?
islipfd19

Post by islipfd19 »

I thank you two for pointing out the "NOT" so obvious way with linking z-wave to Alexa. Now that, that is complete; I was unable to discover devices. I do want to note that the raspberry is a secondary controller on the z-wave network though that shouldn't be an issue. I did find this error in the log file when I initiated a discover from Alexa.

[2017-12-27 10:08:43.320] [E] [HTTP] Callback execution error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'title' of undefined
at automation/userModules/Alexa/index.js:535:32
at Array.map (native)
at Alexa.buildAppliances (automation/userModules/Alexa/index.js:483:8)
at Alexa.handleDiscovery (automation/userModules/Alexa/index.js:84:27)
at AlexaAPI.callActions (automation/userModules/Alexa/index.js:608:37)
at WebServer.document_root (automation/Webserver.js:35:11)

Which I was able to resolve by unchecking the 'Assign devices to room?' checkbox. I ran discover again and it found the scenes that I had created.