Z-way-server not runing on fresh system install

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
Lindbeck

Z-way-server not runing on fresh system install

Post by Lindbeck »

Hi.

I'am all new in this forum, and in using a raspberry pi as well.
I have just bought a raspberry pi, and the z-wave daugther card. But i can't get the z-wave server to work on a all fresh installed raspberry pi. In a forum I read that using the command "top" should show the z-way-server in the list. But it dosn't appear. Executing the command "wget -q -O - razberry.z-wave.me/install | sudo bash" seems to work, and in the end of the log, it says somthing like succes and thank you for using razberry. What could my problem be, and witch procedure should I follow to find the root of the problem?

BR Casper
enbemokel

Re: Z-way-server not runing on fresh system install

Post by enbemokel »

Are you using stretch? If yes, you should google or read the forum. It will only work with modifications, better use Jessy...
Lindbeck

Post by Lindbeck »

Hi Enbemokel. Thank you for the response.

Maybe it is stretch that I use - i will check that later this weekend. I will try with Jessy instead then. Where and how do I install Jessy, and is it fairly user-friendly, like stretch is? I especially thinking about connection to wlan. Hopefully it works without typing lots of commands in a linux terminal.
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbi ... 017-07-05/

This is a source for images. It should be the same procedure like installing stretch, instead it will work ;-)
I you take a look to the English forum, you will find more information