Issues with zwaveserver and RaZberry board

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
obrien28

Issues with zwaveserver and RaZberry board

Post by obrien28 »

So after following the GitHub install directions (wget, follow the prompts), I managed to get what appears to be all the files needed in /opt/z-way-server. After reading the PDF I tried running the command LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./libs ./zwayserver which supposedly starts the server, this threw an error saying that file doesn’t exist, after looking it appears as though they added some hyphens in the name since the manual was written so now I tried running LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./libs ./z-way-server (the file that's actually there) and it appears to run without error, however, when I try to go to piaddress:8083 I get no response and when I look at the running processes I see nothing that looks like the zwaveserver. I get the feeling something is failing quietly but I have no logs in /var/log and no idea of where to look.

So hardware specs:
RPI 2 Model B running Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) (a version created by emoncms)
the zwave card I'm using is a somewhat old one that looks exactly like this one from seeedstudio
https://www.seeedstudio.com/RaZberry-Z-Wave-p-2148.html

I should also mention that I have a serial device on /dev/ttyUSB1 and when I list all ports I see an entry on /dev/ttyAMA0 though that may be the Bluetooth adaptor I have connected.

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.
enbemokel

Re: Issues with zwaveserver and RaZberry board

Post by enbemokel »

From my knowledge, "/dev/ttyAMA0" this should be the razberry board. Just disconnect everything else and see if the output changes.
obrien28

Post by obrien28 »

OK, so assuming the board is getting recognized, how can I get the server running so I can actually talk to it? It doesn’t seem to appear on the given port (nor does that port show up as LISTENING on a scan). I'm running the Pi headless so I'm trying to log in via another computer but I'm on the same network in the same IP space so that shouldn't pose an issue (I think?). To be honest I'm not sure if it's really even started (I started the daemon and got no errors), though I did notice some items in the process list with the prefix "zbw" including one called zbw connect, from what I can gather, that has to do with remote access.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Check the log and console output when it starts